Chicago Mini Meet - September 29 2012
Sep 23, 2012 at 2:55 PM Post #16 of 44
Quote:
bah, looks like I may not be able to bring my stax setup.  doing some further renovation on the amp.  doubt it will be ready.. I'll try though.  have to come up with some other gear to bring.

That is okay.  Look forward to hanging out next Saturday.  I get 5 hours of train time to chill before and after the meet.  

Sep 23, 2012 at 8:41 PM Post #17 of 44
I talked to Ray and right now he will bring with him to demo with his new Intruder, the HiFiMan HE6 and the Audeze LCD 2 and LCD 3.  These three headphones should definitely let you know what the Intruder can drive and how everything sounds.  

Ray also mentioned about bringing the Dark Star if there is enough interest.  Let me know if you would like to hear the Dark Star.

Sep 24, 2012 at 1:45 PM Post #18 of 44
+1 for the darkstar here.  Audio Head is planning on bringing the ALO Pan Am and a pair of LCD3's, and the portable workout rig which includes the Ray Samuels Shadow.  Just as an FYI, parking can be a bit pricey in that area, so I'll probably be taking the public transit in myself.  Let me know if we are going to see any equipment duplication, and I will try to mix it up some.

Sep 24, 2012 at 9:36 PM Post #19 of 44
ChiUniFi friend On Song Audio will be attending and is bringing the FEMTO Dac by Calyx Audio. With the sources also from host Tweak Studio, there will be some great sound available

Sep 24, 2012 at 11:22 PM Post #20 of 44
I'll be in chi town for vacation and ill have my momentum with me if anyone wants a listen. I won't be staying for too long tho, so got a whole city to explore.

anyone interested in hearing the momentum?

Sep 25, 2012 at 8:51 PM Post #21 of 44
I talked to Ray and right now he will bring with him to demo with his new Intruder, the HiFiMan HE6 and the Audeze LCD 2 and LCD 3.  These three headphones should definitely let you know what the Intruder can drive and how everything sounds.  

Ray also mentioned about bringing the Dark Star if there is enough interest.  Let me know if you would like to hear the Dark Star.

The Dark Star is coming. It will be paired with a Burmester balanced CD player provided by Tweak Studio. The two should be a great pairing and I look forward to listening to them if I can find time when the seat is empty, which I am sure will not be very often.

Sep 25, 2012 at 9:26 PM Post #22 of 44
Hi,

If I can bum a ride off of someone I'd like to go. I'd bring the DT1350, T1, T70, and T5p for everyone to try out.

Sep 27, 2012 at 3:28 AM Post #23 of 44
Quote:
Hi,

If I can bum a ride off of someone I'd like to go. I'd bring the DT1350, T1, T70, and T5p for everyone to try out.

where are you at dude?  your witty location thing isnt helpful.

Sep 27, 2012 at 6:43 PM Post #24 of 44
Oh yeah...

I'm in Milwaukee, WI. Anyways guys something has come up so it's a no go... :frowning2:

Sep 29, 2012 at 8:56 AM Post #29 of 44
Very pricey neighborhood, there aren't many parking deals around.
The cheapest option would be to look for street parking and then walk quite a distance.
This will be very hard to do.
You'll have to pay for a garage, ranging from most expensive-valet at hotel, to finding a cheaper pay lot a few blocks away.
Hotel is in a congested area, boxed in by the river and lake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back