Chicago Mini Meet - September 29 2012
Sep 2, 2012 at 4:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 44

Audio Addict

Headphoneus Supremus
When:    September 29, 2012

Where:    Tweak Studio Store 
                 http://www.myavstudio.com/
              http://audio-head.com/an-audio-walkabout-in-chicagoland-part-one/#comment-20

Address:  151 E Wacker Drive
                Chicago, IL 
                Concourse Level of Chicago Hyatt Regency 
                http://www.chicagoregency.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels-chicagoregency/index.jsp?null

Time:     11 am until 4 pm

For those of you who were at ChiUniFi 6 this past June, you had the opportunity to meet Arnold Matinez, the owner of Tweak Studio.  Arnold was in the process of opening a store in downtown Chicago when I started talking with him about Headphones.  Well one thing led to another and Arnold's new store will have a dedicated headphone auditioning area..  During August, the store had a soft opening.

There is parking at the hotel but the train station is not too far away and I am told you can access the hotel without going above ground.  Hope to see you there.

Sep 3, 2012 at 12:18 PM Post #5 of 44
Is this going to be Chi-Uni-Fi 6.5 then?

Sep 3, 2012 at 4:15 PM Post #6 of 44
My brother is visiting from out of town that weekend.  I won't be able to make it or meet anyone.  Darn, because that is a very gracious offer from Mr. Matinez.

Sep 14, 2012 at 7:54 PM Post #10 of 44
I talked with Arnold today and it sounds like this should be a great event.

I am coming up by train so I will be going the portable route.  I plan on bringing my the Calyx Coffee to use as the DAC from my laptop.  The Coffee will go into my SR-71B and I will bring up my HiFiMan HE500.  I will also bring my HiFiMan HM602 if anyone wants to give it a listen. 

I also recently talked to Ray about coming and he said yes and he will bring his new Intruder which he recently announced on his website this week.  It is his new portable balance amplifier with a built in USB  DAC.  He hasn't published the details yet so you will have to just come and give it a listen.  Just to be clear though, Ray will not be bringing all his Desktop amplifiers.  He didn't say what headphones he will bring but the photos of the Intruder shows it with HE6s, so I would suspect he may bring those.

For those interested, you may be able to give Arnold's speaker setup a listen.  I have the Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers he is currently demonstrating so I am a little biased.

I hope to see you all at Tweak Studios in 2 weeks.

Sep 16, 2012 at 9:11 PM Post #12 of 44
Quote:
I talked with Arnold today and it sounds like this should be a great event.

I am coming up by train so I will be going the portable route.  I plan on bringing my the Calyx Coffee to use as the DAC from my laptop.  The Coffee will go into my SR-71B and I will bring up my HiFiMan HE500.  I will also bring my HiFiMan HM602 if anyone wants to give it a listen. 

I hope to see you all at Tweak Studios in 2 weeks.

I recently took the plunge and ordered the new HiSound Audio Studio V - 3rd Anniversary Edition.  It should be delivered in time for the meet so I will bring it along for attendees to get a chance to listen to it.  For those in attendance, HiSound Audio has graciously donated a pair of their new Woooduo2 IEM for a raffle.  If you check the Head-Fi thread, they are getting good reviews.  According to HiSound Audio, the combination of the Studio V and the Woooduo2 is very special.  You will have to just listen for yourself.  I will have the Studio V set up with a 32 gigabye micro SD card with the same FLAC files as on the HM602 so you can do a side by side comparison.  Additionally, HiSound has included a pair of the Woooduo2 for audition with the Studio V.

Sep 17, 2012 at 12:19 AM Post #13 of 44
Looks like I will be finishing the recap of the stax amp in time for the meet.  so I will be bringing my humble, but absolutely stunning stax setup.  again, this is assuming that nothing goes left of center. lol.

excited to try some of the offerings.  should be a nice low key music focused meet.

Sep 19, 2012 at 5:01 PM Post #14 of 44
I hope I can make it. Haven't been to a meet of any size in a couple years. I have mostly budget to mid if stuff, so don't know if I have anything to contribute that will be interesting.

Sep 23, 2012 at 12:48 PM Post #15 of 44
bah, looks like I may not be able to bring my stax setup.  doing some further renovation on the amp.  doubt it will be ready.. I'll try though.  have to come up with some other gear to bring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back