Chicago Mini-Meet - August 2nd
Jul 23, 2008 at 9:49 PM Post #46 of 69
Hey guys,

Well I was looking at the Train Schedules......

There is one train that arrives at Cary from Ogilvie.
The train leaves Ogilvie at 8:30AM and arrives at 9:43AM
That means that we would make it back to the house probably at 10:10 after people load in stuff.

The return train would be either the 4:08PM or the 6:08PM depending on what people want to do.

I totally forgot that the Big Timber stop does not operate on the weekends.

Whomever would like a ride from the train station should PM me with "I NEED A RIDE - CARY" in the title.

Otherwise - I would see if any kind head-fiers woud be willing to help you out.

Last meet, I got a ride from a fellow head-fier and it was a great way to get there.

This is simply so that I can know if I need to bring the Suburban or a Volvo/Jag

Jul 23, 2008 at 10:01 PM Post #47 of 69
I finally finished my "Proline 450" headphone project, (Proline 650 driver into an HFI-450 Chassis). Did a Mogami recable and removed the diodes. They don't sound bad for the first listen.

Also, I will be coming from South Bend, IN area probably via 80/90, so I would not mind at all to pick up anyone along that route. I do not mind to go out of route to help anyone who needs a ride.

Jul 26, 2008 at 4:45 PM Post #50 of 69
I'm all in now, so I'll be bringing what's in my sig and some cables/powerstips. This is gonna be great, there's some good stuff on the equipment list.
BTW I got the 450's soundin' pretty good with some minor tuning.

Jul 26, 2008 at 5:53 PM Post #51 of 69
I'm coming, provided that y'all still have room.
biggrin.gif

I will bring the following gear:

Denon balanced markl-mod D5000
Sennheiser balanced HD600
AKG K240 Sextet
HeadRoom Balanced Desktop w/ DAC

I'll also bring my laptop to serve as digital front end for the HR BD. If needed, I can bring more stuff...sources in particular. However, I'm a bit concerned about travelling with so much stuff (I'm coming down with the family, and we're making a weekend trip out of it - Shedd's Aquarium and such
biggrin.gif
).

Jul 28, 2008 at 3:56 PM Post #52 of 69
^Nice!

We would absolutely love to have you.

Hey guys,

If you have customs with replacable cables (FreQ, Westone, UE) you might want to bring them. I figured out how to make how to make upgraded cables for my FreQ (including handmade connectors) and it would be interesting to see not only if that style of cable fits the others, but to do some A-B listening. I can say that the one I am using right now blew my mind and I hope it would do the same for others.

Jul 29, 2008 at 2:24 AM Post #53 of 69
Good news on my part -

I had bought a DX-1000 on Audiogon about 2 weeks ago and up until now I was very worried that I would not have it in time for the meet. Well, today I finally recieved tracking with a scheduled delivery for Wednesday, so the JVC will be in my rig on Saturday.

I'm both incredibly excited and relieved
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 29, 2008 at 6:31 AM Post #54 of 69
hey all. I was wondering if we will have a SACD player and if someone was going to bring any SACDs. If we can double up some titles, it would be cool to do a side by side comparison of a red book cd next to a SACD.. well.. at least it would be interesting to me. I've never listened to a SACD. so.. if anyone has SACDs that they plan on bringing, please post the titles, and we'll see one of us can bring the standard cd equivalent.

Jul 29, 2008 at 8:19 PM Post #55 of 69
Could anyone provide a place for me to crash on Saturday night?

If so, I would be able to come, and bring the GS1000's I currently have on loan from Zanth via the loaner program.

Willing to pay some cash, or whatever to the person who can help me out here.

Jul 30, 2008 at 6:21 PM Post #56 of 69
If you don't mind coming to the city and sleeping on an air mattress- then I may be able to accommodate some space for you.

Jul 30, 2008 at 8:47 PM Post #57 of 69
Germania may be able to accommodate me, but I figure I will just play it by ear after the meet ends.

I will be driving, so going into the city is no big deal, as long as there is a safe place to park my car.

Jul 30, 2008 at 8:53 PM Post #58 of 69
I wish I could make it. *sniff* someone drink a beer for me
biggrin.gif

Jul 30, 2008 at 9:04 PM Post #59 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by jgonino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Germania may be able to accommodate me, but I figure I will just play it by ear after the meet ends.

I will be driving, so going into the city is no big deal, as long as there is a safe place to park my car.

Alright, but if all else fails for some reason- then the offer still stands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back