CHICAGO/MILWAUKEE JULY 11
Jul 3, 2009 at 7:35 AM Post #107 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombie_X /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's gonna be me, Logwed, and my brother.

Oh, I might be bringing another friend too.

Jul 3, 2009 at 10:11 PM Post #109 of 183
i will love to come! being a singaporean, its not easy for me to even have a chance to go to the states, let along come to a head-fi meet! now that i'm studying in wisc, madison, fate is just screaming for me to attend. of course, i have to find transportation first...

there's so many things to audition at the meet! i'm sure ray samuels sir will be bringing the Shadow prototype ( oooo i'll be the 1st few in line to buy it), the Grado HF2 ( paid for it, but likely to be 3 months before it get it) and other highend stuffs too. Also interested in purchasing the Amp3 player if possible. people in singapore have been singing praises for this player, so am extremely interested in trying it out.

If i'm coming, i'll be bringing these along:

IEMS
Futuresonic Atrios with Shure Olives and grey flex
Senn IE8
Crossroad Woody
Crossroad HR1
Livewires 3 ( If they are delivered to me in time)

Headphones
Woodified, recabled MS1000

Dac
Audio g.d compass with all 3 HDAMs

Amp
Heed Canamp
Considering Little Dot MKIII with my 50+ pairs of tubes for tubes rolling

Extra
Singularity LOD ( carbon wires!)
Vibro speaker ( vibrate a surface to produce the music)
Silclear ( Silver based grease that you apply on your on all your connects surface for better connectivity. hear to experience the differences! free of charge applications to those interested btw)

PS: i'm kinda interested in purchasing a headphone stand from woo audio. i think if i order now, i'll be able to get free shipping. how do i go about it?

Jul 4, 2009 at 12:59 AM Post #110 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by logwed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, I might be bringing another friend too.

Yeah you said you didn't mind right? I'm just packing everything up in bags. Should only be a few bags plus the box for the X-CanV8P.

Jul 4, 2009 at 4:16 PM Post #111 of 183
Not 100% yet, but really going to try to make it.....sounds like it should be fun.

I personally don't have much equipment (yet
wink.gif
, but will try to bring the following if it'd help:
  1. Audio-gd Compass
  2. Grado sr225
  3. HeadRoom Total BitHead
  4. AKG K271 MKII

I haven't been to a meet before, but I'm assuming there will be plenty of outlets/power supplies available? If so, I'll probably also bring at least a MacBook along for a source.

Thanks for the tips on the Outlet Malls....that made it a pretty easy sell
wink.gif

Jul 4, 2009 at 6:53 PM Post #112 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by Absorbine_Sr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend. It sounds like it will be an excellent meet.

A_Sr

A_Sr,

Will really miss seeing you!
(And your ZD! :wink:. Hopefully will see you this fall!

atsmile.gif

Jul 6, 2009 at 12:54 AM Post #114 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by Absorbine_Sr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks. My situation should be better by the time ChiUniFi rolls around.

You know, with RMAF 2009 now incorporating a Head-Fi national meet on October 2-4, there could be an impact on the November 7th ChiUniFi meet.
frown.gif

Jul 6, 2009 at 2:42 PM Post #117 of 183
I will also be bringing three other people with me which have given recent interest in coming. Two of them are my brothers which are 20 and 17 respectively. The last one is my same age. As far as gear that they will bring...

- SFI 32ohm Orthos in CD10 enclosure.
- Highly modified set of HD202 (don't under estimate these)
- Zune w/ High Quality Cmoy

As you could probably guess it is stuff I made for them just for fun. Not serious audiophile stuff, just sounds decent.

Jul 6, 2009 at 5:18 PM Post #118 of 183
Hi Everyone,

If you are interested in a stand, today is the last day to get your order in. You simply Paypal the dollar amount of the stand (remember, this is FREE shipping) that you want to:

shopping@wooaudio.com

In the comments section, put the model number and mention the Chicago/Milwaukee Headfi Meet.

The stands will all be delivered at the Meet.

Also, I just got off the phone with Koss and they will be sending a Design Engineer as well as a sales rep to the Meet. Possibly they will have the ESP950 Electrostatic Headphone as well.

Thanks to all who are updating with the number of people coming. Contrary to what some people say is simple curiosity, there was a good reason to get a rough idea of the number of people. The venue is being opened up and we will have a second store directly next door that is currently vacant to set up a listening area. So we will now have 2 stores, one to hang out and one to listen in. I think it should work out well so that some serious listening can be performed.

-Andy

Jul 6, 2009 at 6:04 PM Post #120 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by andyk /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Also, I just got off the phone with Koss and they will be sending a Design Engineer as well as a sales rep to the Meet. Possibly they will have the ESP950 Electrostatic Headphone as well.

Thanks to all who are updating with the number of people coming. Contrary to what some people say is simple curiosity, there was a good reason to get a rough idea of the number of people. The venue is being opened up and we will have a second store directly next door that is currently vacant to set up a listening area. So we will now have 2 stores, one to hang out and one to listen in. I think it should work out well so that some serious listening can be performed.

-Andy

Great job, Andy. Thanks for all your hard work. This meet is about to be awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back