Chicago Head-Fi Meet - August 8th 12:00 to 7:00 pm at Tweak Studio
Aug 4, 2015 at 7:27 PM Post #211 of 264
  Looking through the gear list, there are a few products coming that haven't been mentioned but deserve a mention. The Erzetich amps are going to be there, for one. I spent a month with the Bacillus Tilia and enjoyed it. Zach mentioned he's bringing the Master 11 but I doubt many people realize how cool that unit is. It's a M7 and M9 in one body; a fully balanced $2,200 R2R DAC (Yggy killer?) and a $1,500 amp for under $2,000. Really looking forward to giving it a listen with the Ether and Omni. And there hasn't been a lot of talk about the Dharma. I think a bunch of people are going to end up enjoying that one too.

Unrelated: added an amp to my list of gear.

I am very excited about the Master 11 actually.  Missing having another SS amp in the house and loved the Master 8.

The Dharma unfortunately still sounds very pre-production.  Very bummed about the slipping dates on it.

Aug 4, 2015 at 7:38 PM Post #212 of 264
  I am very excited about the Master 11 actually.  Missing having another SS amp in the house and loved the Master 8.

The Dharma unfortunately still sounds very pre-production.  Very bummed about the slipping dates on it.

When I heard the Dharma at CanJam SoCal it had room for improvement. Since then, I've heard that they've changed the crossover frequency and continued to improve the seal. As I understand it, the one at the meet won't be their most current arm/cup design, but may have the current crossover. I'm ok dealing with slipping dates if it results in a better product at launch. I want to see the Dharma succeed because it has a lot of potential and it's something unique.

Aug 4, 2015 at 11:29 PM Post #213 of 264
Hi All,

Been super busy, but I'll take time out of getting in shape (for the wedding, but I'll let you guys think it's for you, sure) to remind all the people who want amazing pizza before the meet of the following details:

1. Address:
Craft Pizza
1252 N Damen Ave
Chicago, IL 60622

2. Time:
11AM (yeah, I know it's early but we gotta be at Tweak on time)

3: People:
At the very least, myself, AxelCloris, and DVass13. Axel brings the heavy-hitting audiophilia, DVass brings the effervescent charm, and I bring...er,the wool.

Hope to see some of you guys there!

Kojaku

Aug 4, 2015 at 11:33 PM Post #214 of 264
  Looking through the gear list, there are a few products coming that haven't been mentioned but deserve a mention. The Erzetich amps are going to be there, for one. I spent a month with the Bacillus Tilia and enjoyed it. Zach mentioned he's bringing the Master 11 but I doubt many people realize how cool that unit is. It's a M7 and M9 in one body; a fully balanced $2,200 R2R DAC (Yggy killer?) and a $1,500 amp for under $2,000. Really looking forward to giving it a listen with the Ether and Omni. And there hasn't been a lot of talk about the Dharma. I think a bunch of people are going to end up enjoying that one too.

Unrelated: added an amp to my list of gear.

Unfortunately the Amenaro upgrade isn't in yet.  So prob no Master 11....yes...yes...I'm very sad.
confused_face_2.gif

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Aug 4, 2015 at 11:40 PM Post #215 of 264
Hi All,

Been super busy, but I'll take time out of getting in shape (for the wedding, but I'll let you guys think it's for you, sure) to remind all the people who want amazing pizza before the meet of the following details:

1. Address:
Craft Pizza
1252 N Damen Ave
Chicago, IL 60622

2. Time:
11AM (yeah, I know it's early but we gotta be at Tweak on time)

3: People:
At the very least, myself, AxelCloris, and DVass13. Axel brings the heavy-hitting audiophilia, DVass brings the effervescent charm, and I bring...er,the wool.

Hope to see some of you guys there!

Kojaku

I like pizza.  I've heard this place is a Neapolitan pizzeria. High bake temp, lightly-spiced, delicate sauce, fresh ingredients, and of course, new culture mozzarella. Simple, delicious, and that they tend not to be super crowded yet at that time.  Is that true?

Aug 4, 2015 at 11:41 PM Post #216 of 264
I like pizza.  I've heard this place is a Neapolitan pizzeria. High bake temp, lightly-spiced, delicate sauce, fresh ingredients, and of course, new culture mozzarella. Simple, delicious, and that they tend not to be super crowded yet at that time.  Is that true?

Why...yes it is. It's almost as if I said that very thing in a recent PM xD

Kojaku

Aug 4, 2015 at 11:43 PM Post #217 of 264
Why...yes it is. It's almost as if I said that very thing in a recent PM xD

Kojaku

You can say that again.

WAIT!!!!!!  They have ice cream, right?  I like ice cream.  (Sherbert is not as good.  Gelato is okay but I'm still confused about gelato versus ice cream and what the differences really are.  It's not as obvious to me as the difference between, say, ice cream and frozen yogurt, where just the name pretty much explains it.  The same pretty much goes for frozen custard, which, by the way, is pretty darned tasty.)

Aug 5, 2015 at 9:48 AM Post #218 of 264

(Sherbert is not as good.  Gelato is okay but I'm still confused about gelato versus ice cream and what the differences really are.  It's not as obvious to me as the difference between, say, ice cream and frozen yogurt, where just the name pretty much explains it.  The same pretty much goes for frozen custard, which, by the way, is pretty darned tasty.)

Gelato is made with more milk than Ice Cream and usually includes egg in the mix, but occasionally is made without it. It's a bit thicker than ice cream and often less sweet. I prefer gelato myself.

If Craft Pizza has fresh gelato then I need to make sure I try some.

Aug 5, 2015 at 11:12 AM Post #219 of 264
I'm glad we have a backup pair of Ether coming. My FedEx tracking finally updated and now the estimated delivery is 8/8. Unless it arrives "early" I won't have them in time for the meet. Boo.

Unfortunately the Amenaro upgrade isn't in yet.  So prob no Master 11....yes...yes...I'm very sad.
confused_face_2.gif

Boo! I was so looking forward to hearing this one. Oh well, these things happen.

Aug 5, 2015 at 1:33 PM Post #220 of 264
I'm going to go ahead and commit to coming. :)

I'll be bringing my Ultrasone Sig Pros with the new ZMF pads as well as the Kennerton Magister. The latter is currently on the classifieds and I'd be more than willing to give a deal if someone likes it at the meet. (I haven't updated that post, but Kennerton did send me two brand new cups which I'll include.)

Does anyone want me to bring an extra listening station? I'd rather not, but if anyone wanted to hear my Purity Audio KICAS or Mousai MSD192 I can probably bring them.

BTW, does anyone have a Final Audio Pandora Hope (Sonorous) VI? That Massdrop is tempting but I've never heard it.

Aug 5, 2015 at 1:51 PM Post #221 of 264
Master 11 was shipped yesterday.  Crossing my fingers and hoping it makes it on time!

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Aug 5, 2015 at 3:51 PM Post #222 of 264
Hi guys,

So it looks like Schiit is sending gear, but can't send any sources, so if you've got an extra laptop or windows tablet you can bring, please PM me. I'll need to make sure that their setup is fed.

Kojaku

Aug 5, 2015 at 3:54 PM Post #223 of 264
Hi guys,

So it looks like Schiit is sending gear, but can't send any sources, so if you've got an extra laptop or windows tablet you can bring, please PM me. I'll need to make sure that their setup is fed.

Kojaku

I'd be okay with lending my Fiio X5 as a source for one of the Schiit products if needed.

Aug 5, 2015 at 4:50 PM Post #225 of 264
Hi guys,

Kojaku

I can bring my Thinkpad if someone wants to get Tidal or Spotify running on it. It's my "work" laptop, so not a whole lot of music on there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back