Chicago Head-Fi Meet - August 8th 12:00 to 7:00 pm at Tweak Studio
Aug 5, 2015 at 5:20 PM Post #226 of 264
  I can bring my Thinkpad if someone wants to get Tidal or Spotify running on it. It's my "work" laptop, so not a whole lot of music on there.

That'll work. I'm also bringing my work laptop.

Kojaku

Aug 7, 2015 at 8:50 AM Post #228 of 264
I'm probably going to skip bringing my amp/dac on account of schiit sending a magni m/m2u stack and plug in my laptop as a source for some of the schiit setups. Pretty much everything on it is CD rips. Will still have Beyer 880s though.

Aug 7, 2015 at 8:59 AM Post #229 of 264
Looking forward to seeing everyone again. I won't be able to bring anything outside of my HD650s and some music this time around.

Aug 7, 2015 at 9:37 AM Post #230 of 264
Looking forward to seeing everyone again. I won't be able to bring anything outside of my HD650s and some music this time around.

Could you bring a source for the Schiit table?

Kojaku

Aug 7, 2015 at 12:06 PM Post #232 of 264
Could you bring a source for the Schiit table?

Kojaku

Yeah, I can bring my Surface Pro. I threw Windows 10 onto it so hopefully the Schiit drivers will work. My LHLabs drivers work fine so we probably won't have have an issue.

Aug 7, 2015 at 12:08 PM Post #233 of 264
Yeah, I can bring my Surface Pro. I threw Windows 10 onto it so hopefully the Schiit drivers will work. My LHLabs drivers work fine so we probably won't have have an issue.

Sweet. I installed windows ten on my laptop and it didn't affect my Oppo drivers at all. Windows 10 is great. I really enjoy it.

Kojaku

Aug 7, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #235 of 264
Sad I won't be able to go, hopefully another one happens this winter.

As for the windows 10/schiit drivers thing, I can confirm they work. Just updated last night and installed the drivers for my Modi 2 Uber.

Have fun tomorrow, see you next time (hopefully)

Aug 7, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #237 of 264
  So how many sources do we need/already have? Should I still bring my laptop or is it unnecessary?

Honestly, I'm unpacking and setting up the Schiit stuff when I get there, since it was shipped to Arnold directly. I'll just default to saying that we should get as many sources as possible, just to be safe.

Kojaku

Aug 7, 2015 at 1:34 PM Post #240 of 264
  Honestly, I'm unpacking and setting up the Schiit stuff when I get there, since it was shipped to Arnold directly. I'll just default to saying that we should get as many sources as possible, just to be safe.

Kojaku

Okay, I'll still bring it. Won't be lugging around any of the rest of my desktop setup, though. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back