Chicago Area Meet - Saturday April 25 - Part of the Ear Gear Expo at AXPONA 2015
Mar 20, 2015 at 3:14 AM Post #121 of 204
Mar 20, 2015 at 3:19 AM Post #122 of 204
Everyone who comes from out of town, must try at least two Italian peasant sandwiches:

AL's Italian Beef with their unique Giardinera

Ricobene's famous breaded steak
(everything on it with hot giardinera)

Mar 24, 2015 at 1:32 AM Post #123 of 204
Question, the picture on the front page says 24-26, but the title says 25th. Which one is it? I just found out I can make this event but I'll be there until the 25th though :frowning2:. It'd be great if it's on the 24th!

Obviously I don't know how to read! My flight going back would be at 5:51 PM so hopefully people will be there in the morning until 2pm or so!

Mar 30, 2015 at 10:30 PM Post #125 of 204
After looking through the SoCal CanJam thread from this past weekend, I'm pumped for seeing Axpona and EarGearExpo in April. I will only be bringing a Pono, and JHA13s for listening, and source purposes.

Mar 31, 2015 at 4:29 PM Post #127 of 204
After a lot of pondering and soul searching, I have decided not to bring any gear to the meet portion of the weekend outside of some portable stuff.  Brian, I will not need a table.

I will be attending 11:30 room interface seminar on saturday.  Following  the seminar, I will go to the head-fi room to meet with anyone who would like to grab some lunch and catch up.  Hopefully there will be many.

Apr 1, 2015 at 12:11 AM Post #128 of 204
I'm really looking forward to this meet and not to mention that it will be my first time going to an actual headphone meet! I never expected that there would be one the weekend I'll be in Chicago and it'll be my first time in the city too. I just felt like I needed to get out a bit and have a small vacation. If anyone's interested in meeting and going around prior to those days, I'd be happy to offer my company! Will be staying at a hostel in Halsted Street. 

Apr 2, 2015 at 11:01 PM Post #130 of 204
I will be driving in for the day. It sounds like no Stax owners will be bringing any gear. I have the SRM-007tII that Spritzer modified to run 6S4A tubes and might schlep it up there if someone will be bringing an 009 or 007 earspeaker, but that sounds unlikely.

Apr 6, 2015 at 1:08 PM Post #135 of 204
I see it listed under the "new products" portion of the axpona.com site!

Guys, this is my first time going to a thing like this and I had a question: 

Is it OK to bring my own headphones to test different amps/dacs? And what about sources and masters? Can I bring along my own digital storage like DX90 or a memory card or something>? 

From a discussion I had with Peter, I am pretty sure they will have them at Axpona but then anything can change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back