Chicago area Headphone Meet JUNE 27th 2015 "ChiUniFi 9"
Jun 22, 2015 at 9:53 AM Post #76 of 189
  I was asked about how I would be collecting the participation fee.  This is an honor system, and I will collect cash at the meet.  This cash will be used for funding future meets.  I'm not going to use paypal or anything, because that might come across as shady.  I will report to everyone at the meet and online how much we collected so I will be held responsible for it.  or something like that.  just to keep it non threatening.

No ham-fisted smash n' grabs from Keith this year, huh? Sounds suspicious to me.

Kojaku

Jun 22, 2015 at 3:25 PM Post #81 of 189
Some more good news. Darin Fong from Darin Fong audio is loaning us a Koss to Stax pro adapter for the meet. Claritas, is it cool?

Relevant question: Could we get a comprehensive gear list in the original post?

Kojaku

Jun 22, 2015 at 4:59 PM Post #85 of 189
Unable to attend.

Jun 22, 2015 at 5:25 PM Post #87 of 189
  I'm HOPING to be able to come, and I will certainly try to do so.  If so, then I'd be interested in hearing your Geek Out Signature Edition with my HE-1000s. 

There was some Geek Audio thing that was being used to drive the HiFiMAN HE-1000s at Axpona this year.  I don't know the model, but the sound was stunning.  I'm not looking to change my MicroZOTL 2 amp at this point (or ever, really), because its synergy with the HE-1000s is absolutely magical.  But I'd still be curious to hear the HE-1000s with your unit, because if it's like what was used at Axpona, it will almost certainly sound phenomenal.

It was a Pulse X Infinity they were using with the HE1000 at AXPONA. Unfortunately they were using the single ended output and not taking full advantage the X Infinity.

Jun 22, 2015 at 5:30 PM Post #88 of 189
I'm trying to get the ETHER's and Prime's to you guys for the meet but someone legit need to meet up with me in the Milwaukee area on Friday anytime or Saturday morning on your way down. After the meet Keith (who already said he would) or Audio Addict needs to mail them back to Dan at the meets expense unless you can have Dan send you a shipping label :) Let me know guys or I am going to ship them back to Dan this weekend. I have 4 pin and 1/4" headphone cables fore them as well.

Jun 22, 2015 at 6:15 PM Post #90 of 189
I'm trying to get the ETHER's and Prime's to you guys for the meet but someone legit need to meet up with me in the Milwaukee area on Friday anytime or Saturday morning on your way down. After the meet Keith (who already said he would) or Audio Addict needs to mail them back to Dan at the meets expense unless you can have Dan send you a shipping label :) Let me know guys or I am going to ship them back to Dan this weekend. I have 4 pin and 1/4" headphone cables fore them as well.

I'd be happy to ship them back. Can't help on getting here from Milwaukee, though.

Kojaku

Users who are viewing this thread

Back