Chicago area Headphone Meet JUNE 27th 2015 "ChiUniFi 9"
Jun 15, 2015 at 3:41 PM Post #46 of 189
Hi Gang, I am hoping to make it out again. My son has his first Teeball game that morning, so I may arrive about half way through the event.

possible gear:

SOURCE: Raspberry Pi Running Volumio
DAC: Grant Fidelity DAC 11 / CEnterance DACport
AMP: DAC11 / Meixing (Ming Da) MC84-C07
CANS: AKG 701

-Joe

Jun 15, 2015 at 4:02 PM Post #47 of 189
I should be there, need to double check my plans. Really looking forward to seeing Zach and demoing the new Blavkwoods, I've had my eye on them for quite a while! I don't have much, but I'll bring what I can:

Amps/DACs:

Magni 2 Uber
Modi 2 Uber
Bifrost Uber (possibly)
Fiio E18

Headphones:

DT880 (Pro)

I also have a ton of really great and diverse CDs I'd be happy to bring.
Looking forward to this, and thanks to organizers for all the hard work you guys put in!
Also, I dunno if anybody is interested, but I study a lot of recording tech at school, so let me know if you're interested in anything like that (Mixing/mastering process, mics/mic technique, mixing boards, etc.)

Jun 15, 2015 at 6:03 PM Post #48 of 189
Just saw this. I'd like to attend but might be out of town. If I'm still around I'll bring my Bottlehead S.E.X. (back from the dead, again) and LHLabs Pulse Xfi (quite a nice pair).

Jun 16, 2015 at 12:50 AM Post #49 of 189
  Alright folks, the feature article is up. Best for last, eh?:

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/innerfidelibits-npr-audio-quality-test-results-aumeo-audio-aumeo-grado-gh1-pre-order-june

Also, I've sent a PM requesting a front page feature to both Jude and Amos. Let's hope we can grab some more traction this way.

Kojaku

Thank you!

Jun 16, 2015 at 9:40 AM Post #50 of 189
Just saw this. I'd like to attend but might be out of town. If I'm still around I'll bring my Bottlehead S.E.X. (back from the dead, again) and LHLabs Pulse Xfi (quite a nice pair).

Hey, the S.E.X. is back, and SO IS YOUR AMP, HAHAHAH.

Kojaku

Jun 16, 2015 at 10:29 AM Post #51 of 189
Head fi just posted this on Facebook, so more people should be seeing this thread.

I might be able to come and if I can I'll be bringing my Lyr 1 and HD600's. I just gotta work out transport with pwn3r4lyfe.

Jun 16, 2015 at 10:49 AM Post #52 of 189
I'll also be bringing @Claritas's Koss ESP950 and E90 to return it to him so that should be available for a listen at one of our tables.

Jun 16, 2015 at 2:13 PM Post #53 of 189
Guys, I'd really like to come to this event, but I don't know if I can offer anything in terms of gear to bring. I'm more of a budget fi guy who is just now beginning to dabble in higher end stuff.

If there is something in my inventory that you guys would like to try pm me and I'll bring them.

Looking forward to possibly attending my first meet like this.

Cheers

Jun 16, 2015 at 2:57 PM Post #54 of 189
Guys, I'd really like to come to this event, but I don't know if I can offer anything in terms of gear to bring. I'm more of a budget fi guy who is just now beginning to dabble in higher end stuff.

If there is something in my inventory that you guys would like to try pm me and I'll bring them.

Looking forward to possibly attending my first meet like this.

Cheers

I'd be interested in giving the Fidue IEMs and the Takstar HI2050 a listen. Haven't heard those and they've come up a few times.

Jun 18, 2015 at 9:44 PM Post #56 of 189
It does not look like I will have any of the HiFiMAN new gear as it seems demand exceeds supply.

On the Ether, with the meet basically the same time as the release, I decided not to push to get them. Dan was accommodating but needed a commitment better than I felt I could do. Sorry. :frowning2:

Jun 18, 2015 at 11:00 PM Post #57 of 189
It does not look like I will have any of the HiFiMAN new gear as it seems demand exceeds supply.

On the Ether, with the meet basically the same time as the release, I decided not to push to get them. Dan was accommodating but needed a commitment better than I felt I could do. Sorry.
frown.gif

That stinks, but these things happen. Along the same topic, my ETHER wont ship until early July, so I won't have mine in time for the meet. And it's looking like the QP1R will arrive after the meet as well. So I guess the only new product I'll have on hand is the Lyra, which by the way are pretty awesome.

Jun 19, 2015 at 11:14 AM Post #59 of 189
Jun 19, 2015 at 1:16 PM Post #60 of 189
That stinks, but these things happen. Along the same topic, my ETHER wont ship until early July, so I won't have mine in time for the meet. And it's looking like the QP1R will arrive after the meet as well. So I guess the only new product I'll have on hand is the Lyra, which by the way are pretty awesome.

Maybe not :) Had a message that DHL will deliver a package today. Don't know where it is from or from whom but I suspect Summer has something to do with it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back