Chicago area Headphone Meet JUNE 27th 2015 "ChiUniFi 9"
Jun 8, 2015 at 8:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 189
Hey Everyone.  Its time for another Chicago HP meet. The date is June 27th from 10-4.  Yes, that is in a couple weeks.

NEW - There will be a $10 participation fee per person.  To make a long story short, the funds we use to run these events is unavailable.  SO, we need to start building up a budget again.  If someone chooses to donate a little more to the cause, it is more then welcome.  

Because we have no money, we can not rent a hotel meeting room like we usually do.  so this event will take place at the Community Center in Western Springs.

I have included the details below, please take a minute to read ALL of it.  Please post in this thread and let me know if you are coming, and what gear you will be bringing along.  I will do my best to update the thread so we know who and what will be present.  

**To inspire you, both HiFiMAN and Mr. Speaker indicated they would be happy to accomodate. That would mean the HEK and Ether should be there. For sources, the new 901S would be available.

I have not set up any kind of snacks or drinks.  If someone is willing to bring or pick something up, we can make space for it.  A bit of a pot luck if you will.  we don't need much of course.  maybe some water, pop, chips, whatever.  You don't have to bring anything.

Who: Midwest Head-Fi'ers 
What: Headphone Meet!
When: Saturday JUNE 27th 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Where: 4211 Grand Ave, Western Springs, IL 

HOW TO FIND THE ROOM (yes, I will make signs along your path)
1.  Park in the free parking lot, and enter doors that are right off the lot
2.  get in the elevator and take it to the 2nd floor
3.  exit elevator, walk up the ramp to your left, and go through the door directly in front of you.
4.  You will now be in a hallway.  walk straight, and take the 2nd hallway on your right.  there will be a sign that says "SENIOR CENTER"  Go there.
5.  If you hit the girls bathroom, you've gone too far.  turn around.
6.  Welcome.

Other:
-Please bring extension cords and power strips if you have them.  There are outlets here, but I have to check on their placement.
-YES, the meet is easily accessible by train.  The Metra drops you off right in downtown Western Springs.  The meet location is only a few suburban blocks away.  Very easy walk, or you can arrange to be picked up by one of us.  Not me.

IMPORTANT!!
Following the event, if anyone is interested, there is a great pub 2.5 miles away in LaGrange.  excellent beer and food selections.  I plan on going there for a burger and a beer, and I hate to drink alone, so please join me.  Yes, its all ages as well.  This can often be the best part of a meet!

http://www.palmerslagrange.com

Jun 8, 2015 at 8:31 PM Post #2 of 189
Attending:

Keithpgdrb
Audio Addict
Pwn3r4Life
Todd R (maybe)
AxelCloris (maybe)
Kojaku
maverickronin
Claritas
AustinValentine
manbear
Joedotcom (halfsies)
ThePianoMan
Fraggler (maybe)
raheem (maybe)
hisoundfi

General List - likely to change before the meet.
Headphones (Confirmed?):

AIAIAI DJ Beatport Edition
AIAIAI Ghostly International Edition

AKG K601
AKG K701

Audio-Technica ATH-AD700

Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro

Fostex TH-600
Fostex T50RP (Modded)
(Fostex) LFF Paradox

Hifiman HE 400i (x2)
Hifiman HE 500
Hifiman HE 560
Hifiman HE 1000

Koss ESP-950

MrSpeakers Alpha Prime
MrSpeakers Ether

Philips Fidelio X2

Sennheiser HD600 (x2)
Sennheiser HD650 (x2)
Sennheiser HD800

Sony XB700

Stax Airbow SC01
Stax Airbow SR-SC11
Stax Lambda Normal Bias (1 modded, 1 stock)
Stax SR-202 (modded)
Stax SR-207 (stock)

ZMF (full-line up including 2 final OMNI prototypes)

Headphones (Possible):

AKG Massdrop K7XX
Beyerdynamic T1
Hifiman HE500 (modded)
NAD Viso HP50
Sennheiser HD600
SOL Republic Master Tracks
Sony MDR-10R
Takstar HI2050

In-Ear-Monitors (Confirmed?):

Campfire Audio Lyra

In-Ear-Monitors (Possible):

Fidue A73
Fidue A83

DAC/AMP's (Confirmed?):

Audio-gd DAC 19 DSP
AURALiC ARK MX+
B.M.C. PureDAC
Calyx PaT
Centrance DACport
Chord Hugo
EAD DSP-7000G
Geek Out Signature Edition
Geek Pulse
Grant Fidelity DAC 11
Fiio E18
Focusrite 2i2
Leckerton UHA-6S MKII
LHLabs Pulse Xfi
Oppo HA-1
Schiit Modi 2 Uber
Sonic Frontiers TransDAC
Theta Pro Gen V-A (x2)

DAC's (Possible):

Schiit Bifrost Uber

AMP's-only (Confirmed?):

Apex Peak (volcano power supply, 6SN7W tubes)
Bottlehead Crack
Bottlehead S.E.X.
Decware Taboo Mk III
Fiio E11
Fiio E12A
Koss E90
Meixing (Ming Da) MC84-C07
Microzotl 2
NuForce HA-200
Objective2
Project Ember V2
Schiit Magni 2 Uber
Stax SRM-T1S
Stax SRM-252S
Stax SRM-1/MK-2 non-biased
Stax SRM-727 II
Violectric V181 (x3)
Wheatfield HA-2 (hytron 5u4g, 5998, b65 tubes)

Strictly Amp's (Possible):

Schiit Lyr 1

DAC/USB Interfaces (Confirmed?):

Schiit Wyrd
Gustard U12

Sources:

Apple iPod Video
Fiio X3ii
Hifiman HM901S
Questyle QP1R
Raspberry Pi Running Volumio

Cables:

MIT Vero
MIT Vero Reference
MIT Vero Bass Cable/Dongle
(not sure if all MIT cables are for Hifiman headphones or just bass dongle)

Software:

Darin Fong “Out Of Your Head”
Smyth Realiser

Jun 8, 2015 at 8:50 PM Post #3 of 189
I will plan on attending.  I am working with Dan and Peter and hopefully they will be able to accommodate the 27th but it could be tight.

Depending on whether I can get the Ether, HEK and 901S will determine what I will bring.  I will bring Roon if you are interested in the latest in Music Managers.

I will bring the HE400i and HE560.

Jun 9, 2015 at 12:49 AM Post #4 of 189
I will come! I don't plan on bringing anything as hopefully all of my gear I don't use will be sold by then and the rest is just portable cheapo stuff.

I might bring my Sony MDR-10R, especially if I have them modded by then. Definitely bringing my iPod Video and Fiio E11 combo. Unapologetically to use for myself. I can bring SOL Republic Master Tracks and AT AD700 if there is interest.

Jun 9, 2015 at 2:29 PM Post #6 of 189
Won't be able to make it this time. I'm a couple states away for an internship this summer. Maybe next time...

Jun 9, 2015 at 8:47 PM Post #8 of 189
  I will plan on attending.  I am working with Dan and Peter and hopefully they will be able to accommodate the 27th but it could be tight.

Depending on whether I can get the Ether, HEK and 901S will determine what I will bring.  I will bring Roon if you are interested in the latest in Music Managers.

I will bring the HE400i and HE560.

Right now there are no HEK or 901S in the States.  Summer Yin is working to locate something and she is very resourceful so hopefully we'll get the combo.

I talked with Ray Samuels today but he has other commitments right now for the 27th so will not be able to join us.

Let's see if we can get 30+ Chicago Head-fiers to the meet.

Jun 9, 2015 at 10:50 PM Post #9 of 189
Right now there are no HEK or 901S in the States.  Summer Yin is working to locate something and she is very resourceful so hopefully we'll get the combo.

I talked with Ray Samuels today but he has other commitments right now for the 27th so will not be able to join us.

Let's see if we can get 30+ Chicago Head-fiers to the meet.
. Getting 30 in the Chicago area "should" be a easy task. Lots of audio enthusiasts out here.

Jun 10, 2015 at 5:38 PM Post #10 of 189
I'm going to see if I can make it again this year. I know @Kojaku is going to try and make it as well.

Edit: I'll be in attendance, so count me in. I won't be able to stay the whole time due to a previously schedule engagement but I'm definitely looking forward to seeing everyone.

Items I'll have that should be unique:

Campfire Audio Lyra
MIT Vero and Vero Reference cables with Bass Dongle for HIFIMAN headphones
Questyle QP1R
Violectric V181

If my ETHER make it in time I'll bring them with me as well.

Not entirely true. I have both currently, but they will be returning to HIFIMAN in the next 2 weeks.

Jun 10, 2015 at 5:55 PM Post #11 of 189
I'll be there. I'll be bringing my HE1000 and the Oppo HA-1 to power them with. I'll also bring my focal spirit pros to audition gear with.

I'll again offer up my apartment if anyone needs a place to stay leading up to the event. Just PM me if you're interested.

Kojaku

Jun 10, 2015 at 6:40 PM Post #12 of 189
I'm going to see if I can make it again this year. I know @Kojaku
 is going to try and make it as well.

Edit: I'll be in attendance, so count me in. I won't be able to stay the whole time due to a previously schedule engagement but I'm definitely looking forward to seeing everyone.

Items I'll have that should be unique:

Campfire Audio Lyra
MIT Vero and Vero Reference cables with Bass Dongle for HIFIMAN headphones
Questyle QP1R
Violectric V181

If my ETHER make it in time I'll bring them with me as well.

Not entirely true. I have both currently, but they will be returning to HIFIMAN in the next 2 weeks.

Put in another way Summer did not have one in the US she could ship for the meet. :)

Jun 10, 2015 at 11:19 PM Post #13 of 189
Put in another way Summer did not have one in the US she could ship for the meet.
smily_headphones1.gif

It's a shame my timeline doesn't line up better but the 901s will be shipped back before I head to Chicago for the event. Oh well, c'est la vie.

Jun 11, 2015 at 8:00 AM Post #14 of 189
 Thanks for your efforts to continue the chiunify events. I know it can not be easy to arrange these events. I am expressing some appreciation . I am hoping to attend this years show after missing last years event. I wish there were more shows like this in the chicagoland area. I really enjoyed the axpona show this year. Is ray samuels going to be at the chiunify this year? I have not seen him for awhile.
   Well enough gushing hope to see you all there.

Jun 11, 2015 at 8:31 AM Post #15 of 189
I'll be there. Will bring ZMFs. Just got a Theta Gen Va too. Will try to bring some snackies too.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back