Chicago area Headphone Meet - Feb 6th 2016 - ChiUniFi
Feb 6, 2016 at 12:53 AM Post #213 of 233
Guys, just a dumb question: do I need to bring my own source, or I can bring dac/phones only?  Not that sub $200 dac or phones will get lots of attention, but just curious.

Feb 6, 2016 at 1:35 AM Post #215 of 233
Guys, just a dumb question: do I need to bring my own source, or I can bring dac/phones only?  Not that sub $200 dac or phones will get lots of attention, but just curious.
Having your own source is best. Moving cans from place to place is easy. Dacs require more invasion on someone's computer. There isn't usually a lot of dac switching.

Feb 6, 2016 at 2:40 AM Post #216 of 233

Lol, how is it so far?  
tongue.gif

Ridiculously, ludicrously, unbelievably transparent. It just erases the HD800. Treble is ultra smooth. Bass packs a level of wallop that is super satisfying. Ultra engaging and musical like all the Cavalli gear I've heard. Soundstage is "alive" to the extreme. Easy to see why this is in the convo for the best amp on the market. It's a really special piece of equipment.

I know where this is headed... you know we have a discount thing going on right?  
tongue.gif

All packed up. Let's party!

beerchug.gif

Feb 6, 2016 at 10:52 AM Post #217 of 233
Woke up with a head cold :frowning2:  Not going to come down there and spread it all over everyone's gear. 

Have a good meet everyone! Take notes, because I want to definitely see a vital, active impressions thread so I can have some vicarious enjoyment later. 

Feb 6, 2016 at 12:24 PM Post #221 of 233
Feb 6, 2016 at 6:10 PM Post #224 of 233
Hope everyone had a great meet! Really sad to have missed this one... Looking forward to impressions just the same. Maybe we can shoot for the fall? If any Milwaukee head-fiers would like to have a little get together before then I'm all ears :)

Feb 6, 2016 at 11:00 PM Post #225 of 233
  Woke up with a head cold :frowning2:  Not going to come down there and spread it all over everyone's gear. 

Zicam works for me if I start it RIGHT when I feel the first hint of a cold.  It's expensive but worth it for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back