Chicago area Headphone Meet - Feb 6th 2016 - ChiUniFi
Jan 24, 2016 at 7:00 PM Post #76 of 233
Is anybody bringing the Chord Mojo? I'm dying to hear this thing. Everybody just keeps heaping praise upon it.

Never mind. I have no willpower. You can add the Chord Mojo to the list of products I'm bringing to the meet. :)

Jan 24, 2016 at 10:43 PM Post #78 of 233
Never mind. I have no willpower. You can add the Chord Mojo to the list of products I'm bringing to the meet. :)

Next thing you will need is a bigger living space for your collection :)

Lol! Right? The irony is, the Mojo and my LC are part of a desktop downsize at work! In the meantime my apartment looks like a Head-fi meet between my gear, review gear and stuff that is waiting to be sold or repaired.

Jan 24, 2016 at 11:50 PM Post #79 of 233
Sorry to burst the bubble, but I never said I would bring either of the amps I am listed as bringing. I was rather asking if they would be present to make the drive from Minneapolis worthwhile. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Jan 25, 2016 at 7:33 PM Post #80 of 233
  It's looking like I should be able to make the meet. I'm going to be near Detroit in the days leading up to the event, so I'll probably be arriving in town Saturday morning.  I'll be packing light this time and only bringing a few items with me.

MrSpeakers Ether
ALO Continental Dual Mono
Questyle QP1R

I may also bring an ALO Pan Am + optional extras for trading if folks have any interest.

Just to clarify, the Ether is not the Ether C?  I thought maybe you left a letter off 
wink_face.gif

Jan 26, 2016 at 1:14 AM Post #82 of 233

It's looking like I should be able to make the meet. I'm going to be near Detroit in the days leading up to the event, so I'll probably be arriving in town Saturday morning.  I'll be packing light this time and only bringing a few items with me.

MrSpeakers Ether
ALO Continental Dual Mono
Questyle QP1R

I may also bring an ALO Pan Am + optional extras for trading if folks have any interest.

Just to clarify, the Ether is not the Ether C?  I thought maybe you left a letter off :wink_face:

Lol. You should know by now AxelCloris would never make such an omission!

Jan 26, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #83 of 233
Just to clarify, the Ether is not the Ether C?  I thought maybe you left a letter off :wink_face:

Nope, I own the normal open-backed Ether. It's one hell of a headphone, if I do say so myself. The Ether C was pretty damned snazzy when I listened to it in Denver, but I don't own one.

Jan 27, 2016 at 6:23 PM Post #85 of 233
So, really trying to clear out audio gear that I don't use anymore.  Going to make a couple offers for pickup from the meet that are pretty far below what I think my stuff is worth, but trying to book a trip to Japan in the next couple of weeks and need some cash in hand.

Excellent condition Energy RC-10 bookshelf speakers in Black Ash plus a DIY Tripath 2020 amp for $175.  I really think the speakers are worth $250 and the amp about $30, but my desperation is potentially your gain.  

Kenwood KH-K1000 for $250.  I think these are easily worth over $300 based on all the closed headphones any where close to that amount.  Well balanced, comfortable, rare.

Audioengine A2 (black) for $90.  These are well used with various scratches, but no major nicks or scrapes.  Great computer speakers for those who don't want Logitech, but don't need real monitors.

Give me a heads up via PM if you are interested in anything and I will bring it to the meet.  

Jan 27, 2016 at 10:01 PM Post #86 of 233
Hey everyone,

With Axpona coming up in April, is anyone interesed in helping staff the HiFiMAN booth? They had a pretty large display last year and plan to again this year. The goal is really to provide some basic training so the commitment is more than a few hours. The actual preferred commitment would be for the full 3 days given some training to talk with the visitors.

PM me if you are interested and for a little more information. I am just facilitating given HiFiMAN's long time support for ChiUniFi.

Jan 28, 2016 at 11:38 AM Post #88 of 233
Guys, I don't have a lot of higher end stuff, but if you see something on my profile inventory you've been curious to hear, let me know and I'll bring it.

If it's in-ears I'll bring tips and alcohol wipes. If you're interested in trying my IEMs, wash your ears before the meet. I don't want to bring home a bunch of other people's ear cheese. There's enough cheese in Wisconsin already.

Cheers guys

Jan 28, 2016 at 11:39 AM Post #89 of 233
My buddy, @JoelT, and I will be making the trip in from Minneapolis. He'll be bringing his Yggdrasil - Glenn OTL - HD-800 system, and I'll carry along my Bottlehead S.E.X - HE1000 combo. We'll have everything running off his Yggy.

Jan 28, 2016 at 11:39 AM Post #90 of 233
Guys, I don't have a lot of higher end stuff, but if you see something on my profile inventory you've been curious to hear, let me know and I'll bring it.

If it's in-ears I'll bring tips and alcohol wipes. If you're interested in trying my IEMs, wash your ears before the meet. I don't want to bring home a bunch of other people's ear cheese. There's enough cheese in Wisconsin already.

Cheers guys

lol, first request I've ever seen for people to wash themselves before the meet! lol.. It is good advice though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back