Chi-Uni-Fi 7.5 - Chicago Area Meet - Nov 2nd
Oct 28, 2013 at 10:28 AM Post #61 of 107
And my Bottlehead S.E.X. is finally finished being rebuilt.  Hopefully, I did everything right and testing will go smoothly this week.  

So if everything goes well, I will bring the Bottlehead S.E.X., my CEntrance HifiM8, my balanced Momentums, HD800s, and the DT660s that I have for sale.  I still have my Concero (also for sale, though someone just said they were interested), so if the sale falls through or if I can convince the guy to come to the meet (he apparently lives in the Loop), I will have that there driving the S.E.X.

Oct 28, 2013 at 11:57 AM Post #62 of 107
I have a proper balanced cable for the lighting.  I'm looking a converter so that we can plug the cans into a standard 1/4 plug amp without having to change out the entire cable.  the cable connectors on the hifiman cans is a horrible design for changing around cables imho.   I just figured it would be easier if someone would like to try the cans on their own, non balanced amp.  So I guess we'd be looking for a female RSA to male 1/4 inch.

if its a huge pain, don't worry about it.  I just thought it would be a nice option.

Oct 28, 2013 at 12:50 PM Post #63 of 107
  I have a proper balanced cable for the lighting.  I'm looking a converter so that we can plug the cans into a standard 1/4 plug amp without having to change out the entire cable.  the cable connectors on the hifiman cans is a horrible design for changing around cables imho.   I just figured it would be easier if someone would like to try the cans on their own, non balanced amp.  So I guess we'd be looking for a female RSA to male 1/4 inch.

if its a huge pain, don't worry about it.  I just thought it would be a nice option.

I have a 3.5mm to 1/4" adapter built already that I haven't used in a year or so.  It wouldn't take but a few minutes to swap an RSA connector onto it.  I was more concerned about the amp itself and whether or not it can handle having the grounds for each channel tied together via the 1/4" jack.  It is a question for Ray that we should ask prior to using the adapter.

Oct 28, 2013 at 1:45 PM Post #64 of 107
  I have a 3.5mm to 1/4" adapter built already that I haven't used in a year or so.  It wouldn't take but a few minutes to swap an RSA connector onto it.  I was more concerned about the amp itself and whether or not it can handle having the grounds for each channel tied together via the 1/4" jack.  It is a question for Ray that we should ask prior to using the adapter.

wouldn't be using the adaptor on rays amp.  it is balanced in and out only.  the adaptor would be used on any other amp that needs SE.  Sorry if I'm not explaining very well.  or maybe i'm just not understanding.  I have a balanced cable for the lightning/HE-400 setup.  was just looking for an option so that we can use the same cable for the magni/modi..

the RSA amp is in no danger.

Oct 28, 2013 at 1:47 PM Post #65 of 107
  wouldn't be using the adaptor on rays amp.  it is balanced in and out only.  the adaptor would be used on any other amp that needs SE.  Sorry if I'm not explaining very well.  or maybe i'm just not understanding.  I have a balanced cable for the lightning/HE-400 setup.  was just looking for an option so that we can use the same cable for the magni/modi..

the RSA amp is in no danger.

Ok.  I had it reversed in my mind.  Thought you wanted to use a SE headphone in the balanced amp.  Not a problem.  I have an adapter for that already.

Oct 30, 2013 at 6:29 PM Post #66 of 107
There's good news and bad news.

Good news is I received the gungnir so the gungnir/mjolnir stack is available. 

Bad news is I'll lend my LCD2 to my friend and thus won't be able to bring it in the meet. 

So do you guys still want me to bring the Schiit combo?

Oct 30, 2013 at 7:23 PM Post #69 of 107
  To our Wisconsin friends: make sure to travel to the main ChiUniFi meets in the summers, which are on the North Side (in Northbrook, much closer to y'alls) and bigger, too.  That doesn't mean you can't come to this .5 as well, but I wanted to make sure you knew of the opportunity.

Sadly, I'm going to have to cancel my RSVP for the upcoming meet.  Keith and all of you lovely headfi geeks, I'm sorry!  (More for myself, of course.)

Any idea when and where will the next meet be?

Oct 30, 2013 at 7:39 PM Post #70 of 107

Bad news is I'll lend my LCD2 to my friend and thus won't be able to bring it in the meet. 

I'll have my LCD-2s along.  I lent my HD800s to someone, but it looks like there's plenty others with a set.

Oct 30, 2013 at 9:39 PM Post #71 of 107
  Ok.  I had it reversed in my mind.  Thought you wanted to use a SE headphone in the balanced amp.  Not a problem.  I have an adapter for that already.

I figured you would have one.  sorry to have been confusing.

Oct 31, 2013 at 1:09 AM Post #72 of 107

yes!!!!

i haven't heard it and would love to hear the synergy it has with LCD-3 and perhaps the LCD-X if its available at the meet.

Oct 31, 2013 at 3:09 PM Post #75 of 107

The LCD-X did arrive, just doing a first listen now.  Interesting...  Will have it at the meet.

I also just got a little O2 Amp to play with, will bring that along as well.

Ohhh an LCD-X, this is exciting I can't wait to see & hear it!

Does anyone know if there may be a pair of alpha dogs in attendance?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back