Chi-Uni-Fi 7.5 - Chicago Area Meet - Nov 2nd
Oct 11, 2013 at 10:29 AM Post #32 of 107
Test tones at high noon ? What do you play in Throwdown?

Master 8 is now at 41 hours of burn in so you're on !

ill play anything i got.

Oct 11, 2013 at 3:47 PM Post #33 of 107
Hi guys,

I'm in the Milwaukee area, looks like your Meet is the closest thing I'll be able to go to, I'd be interested in tagging along. 

I've never been to one of these before, do we just bring all our gear in to "share" so people can test out other stuff?  Need to bring tables, or anything else?

Thanks.

Oct 11, 2013 at 4:01 PM Post #34 of 107
  Hi guys,

I'm in the Milwaukee area, looks like your Meet is the closest thing I'll be able to go to, I'd be interested in tagging along. 

I've never been to one of these before, do we just bring all our gear in to "share" so people can test out other stuff?  Need to bring tables, or anything else?

Thanks.

Bring what you would like to share.  If you have a power strip, those are always useful as gear piles up.  Tables and chairs are going to be there already.  

Oct 11, 2013 at 5:16 PM Post #35 of 107
  also, anyone got any HE400's?  I'd like to spend some time with them.

I finally have a few days so I am going to try to finish my Bottlehead S.E.X. so that I can bring it to the meet (I know, I have said that for two meets now...)

Complete list (may change, as some are currently for sale):

Bottlehead S.E.X. 2.1
Resonessence Concero
CEntrance HifiM8
HRT MicroStreamer
Sennheiser HD800
Sennheiser Momentums (balanced)
Fostex T50RP (heavily modded)
Beyerdynamic DT660
8 socket Isobar
Revamped, world-famous, meet cable system.

Will bring phones (Sennheiser HD 600, HD 800, Beyerdynamic T1), Mytek DAC, and, crossing my fingers that it doesn't sink or otherwise meet disaster on its way over here, an audio-gd Master 8 amp that should arrive any day now.

Thanks for posting this Keith, I'll definitely be joining.  Really great neighborhood/location for a Chi-area meet, btw -- had I known about this, I probably would have been much quicker to come last year when my interest was just starting & I had basically nothing.

Like FraGGIer, I'll be bringing whatever I still have by that time & haven't sold -- I accumulated most of this haphazardly in the past 3 months right before deciding on trying to move out of the area, so looking to liquidate to shore up $ for moving expenses in addition to desperately wanting/needing a mid-fi combo dac/amp & to reboot the setup:

Asus Xonar Essence One
Emotiva Mini
Bottlehead Crack+Speedball
V-Moda M-80
Fiio E17

Oct 11, 2013 at 5:38 PM Post #36 of 107

Ooh.  Been dying to listen to the MS-X mk2.  I really need to get cracking on my Bottlehead S.E.X. so I can see how it stacks up.

Pun intended?...

Also, did you get the C4S add-on for your kit?  If not, or if you wanted to hold off on that part, maybe we could do a nice side-by-side to test the difference.  Could be a neat thing to document some opinions.

Otherwise, I might leave that at home as well.

Oct 11, 2013 at 6:13 PM Post #37 of 107

Pun intended?...

Also, did you get the C4S add-on for your kit?  If not, or if you wanted to hold off on that part, maybe we could do a nice side-by-side to test the difference.  Could be a neat thing to document some opinions.

Otherwise, I might leave that at home as well.

Yes :)

Yes, mine is fully loaded (or will be...someday...).  C4S, impedance switch, OCC solid core wiring, "upgraded" capacitors in key locations.  I am about 1/3 way done.  Probably only need another solid evening or two, but hard to find the time and isolation.

Oct 11, 2013 at 8:13 PM Post #39 of 107
   Yes :)

Yes, mine is fully loaded (or will be...someday...).  C4S, impedance switch, OCC solid core wiring, "upgraded" capacitors in key locations.  I am about 1/3 way done.  Probably only need another solid evening or two, but hard to find the time and isolation.

Ok, I'll check back just before & decide then.  As an aside, was wondering what version of the Resonessence you had and if that was one of the things you were trying to sell?  Stock / HD(DSD) / HP(amp)?  If it's the stock or the HP, I might be interested in buying or trading for it.

Will bring phones (Sennheiser HD 600, HD 800, Beyerdynamic T1), Mytek DAC, and, crossing my fingers that it doesn't sink or otherwise meet disaster on its way over here, an audio-gd Master 8 amp that should arrive any day now.  Should be properly burnt in by the meet date.

Is your dueling Master 8 by any chance the 'high power' version?

Oct 13, 2013 at 4:37 PM Post #42 of 107
  I will bring LCD2 R2. I also have schiit gungnir/Mjolnir coming but I need to have Schiit installed the USB so not sure it'll be done in time.

"'Meow- meow'?  What's Meow-meow?"...

Great to hear, really hope the new stack makes it in time -- would be great to finally see first-hand how these high-power amps differ from the mid-range with the more demanding planars.

Oct 15, 2013 at 6:52 PM Post #44 of 107
I heard from Ray and he will attend again this year.  While he didn't mention what he would bring, I suspect it will be his new FX35 Lightning and the Intruder as that was what he was displaying at RMAF this past weekend.  I don't think the A10 and Boulder CD will make the trip as those are massive.

Oct 17, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #45 of 107
  Hi guys,

Thanks.

Same boat as you, just a bit more north-west though.  Nice opportunity to meet fellow head-fiers and hear the collective 'crying of wallets' in person.

I'm going to try to come down, I don't have anything too exotic to contribute (LCD-2, HD800, Lyr, bifrost etc) but looks like a great chance to hear some gear I've got on my upgrade list.

Cheers

gear list:
audeze lcd-2.2
sennheiser HD800
sennheiser HD-25 ii  (mod mic'd for gaming mainly)
schiit lyr with amperex orange globes
schiit bifrost with uber upgrade USB card also

Users who are viewing this thread

Back