Chi-Uni-Fi 7.5 - Chicago Area Meet - Nov 2nd
Sep 26, 2013 at 8:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 107
ChiUniFi 7.5 is a GO.

Enough people have shown interest, so I'm going to build it, and we'll see who comes.  Same location as last year.

This event will be focused on gear, listening, and friendship of course!  There will be no official raffles.

I will also be setting up a music trade table.  If you have CD's or LP's that you would like to pass on, bring them along and see if there is anything on the table you might want to trade for.  I will be bringing some things I'm sure.  some good, some crap.  Its a nicer way to purge your collection if your so inclined.

I have not set up any kind of snacks or drinks.  If someone is willing to bring or pick something up, we can make space for it.  A bit of a pot luck if you will.  we don't need much of course.  maybe some water, pop, chips, whatever.  You don't have to bring anything.

I have included the details below, please take a minute to read ALL of it.  Please post in this thread and let me know if you are coming, and what gear you will be bringing along.  I will do my best to update the thread so we know who and what will be present.

Who: Midwest Head-Fi'ers 
What: Headphone Meet dude!
When: November 2nd, 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Where: 4211 Grand Ave, Western Springs, IL 
Why: seriously?
How: now brown cow.

HOW TO FIND THE ROOM (yes, I will make signs along your path)
1.  Park in the free parking lot, and enter doors that are right off the lot
2.  get in the elevator and take it to the 2nd floor
3.  exit elevator, walk up the ramp to your left, and go through the door directly in front of you.
4.  You will now be in a hallway.  walk straight, and take the 2nd hallway on your right.  there will be a sign that says "SENIOR CENTER"  Go there.
5.  If you hit the girls bathroom, you've gone too far.  turn around.
6.  Welcome.

Other:
-Please bring extension cords and power strips if you have them.  There are outlets here, but I have to check on their placement.
-YES, the meet is easily accessible by train.  The Metra drops you off right in downtown Western Springs.  The meet location is only a few suburban blocks away.  Very easy walk, or you can arrange to be picked up by one of us.  Not me.

IMPORTANT!!
Following the event, if anyone is interested, there is a great pub 2.5 miles away in LaGrange.  excellent beer and food selections.  I plan on going there for a burger and a beer, and I hate to drink alone, so please join me.  Yes, its all ages as well.  This can often be the best part of a meet!

http://www.palmerslagrange.com

Whoo Hoo!!

Sep 26, 2013 at 8:28 PM Post #2 of 107
Attendees/gear

Keithpgdrb
Emotiva ERC2 as balanced source
RSA Lightning amp
HE-400

Computer as source
schiit Magni/Modi stack
HE-400 (with Fragglers adaptor)
Denon AHD 2000

jackhamm
Realizer/Tactile transducer
Oppo 93

FraGGleR

Audio Addict

yanks1234?
thunderpants and pro900s

bigbargain

Dubstep Girl
Headamp GS-X Mk2​
Sennheiser HD 800 / Beyerdynamic T1 / Audeze LCD-3 / Hifiman HE-500 / Fostex TH-900 / Hifiman HE-6​

[color=#000000]HobblesTheFiend[/color]
Westone 4Rs
Fiio E11 portable
[color=#000000]wenyuanalive[/color]
LCD2 R2
schiit gungnir/Mjolnir?

[color=#000000]Claritas[/color]
JDS Labs Objective O2

ogodei
Sennheiser HD 600
HD 800
Beyerdynamic T1
Mytek DAC
audio-gd Master 8
Audeze LCD-X
V-Moda M-100

Stekos

respiguy
Some cool crap.

Ray Samuals
???

fortitude
???

Sep 27, 2013 at 12:09 AM Post #10 of 107
Thanks Keith. It is going to be a busy upcoming month. Zenfest on Oct. 4&5. CanJam@RMAF Oct. 11-13 and then ChiUniFi 7.5 on the 2nd.

where is zenfest?

Sep 27, 2013 at 1:55 AM Post #11 of 107
i should be able to bring the GS-X mk2 + my headphones to the meet.

Sep 28, 2013 at 11:48 AM Post #15 of 107
Will definitely be there!
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back