Cheeky B*stards - audiocubes
Feb 20, 2008 at 3:15 PM Post #46 of 57
The law (UCC / contract law) may well place the responsibility for honoring the warranty on the manufacturer - as you'll note in most product information for any product. Though even then... there is often a question as to whether it resulted from a "manufacturing defect," or not. It just depends on the specific manufacturer and the terms of their warranty.

A retailer's legal responsibility also depends on the terms of their dealer agreement with the manufacturer - which may obligate the retailer to facilitate the manufacturer's warranty.

However... the typical business practice of most quality retailers is often to back / honor the manufacturer's warranty - they will typically repair, or replace the products they sell - often for a period of time beyond the stated warranty. They do this to engender "good will" and customer loyalty. This practice seems to be more common among the large "big box" retailers (especially if they offer their extended warranty), and small "boutique / high-end" retailers (often at premium prices).

Unfotunately... this usually is not the typical business practice in the "world of Etailers" - who often misrepresent their products, and only allow the buyer to return products within a 15 to 30 day timeframe, at best... and even then, often for a "restocking fee" (e.g. Buy.com, etc.).

Better Etailers, like TTVJ, are exceptions to this practice - even allowing customers to return products after that timeframe, if they really got a bad product. In general... the more difficult it is to communicate with an Etailer... they less likely they are to stand behind their products, or warranties, and the more "transparent" they are... the more likely they are to stand behind their products.

And... yes it is true... "you get what you pay for." If you pay the price premiums of "reliable retailers / Etailers" they'll likely stand behind their products. If you don't... then... you're accepting the risk that they won't.

Feb 20, 2008 at 3:15 PM Post #47 of 57
Ive ordered the ATH esw9 from audio cubes, if there is any issues with the headphone I will contact Audio Technica directly as first port of call.

Retailers, WHEREVER in the world they are, USUALLY couldn't care less once they have taken your money.

It is alwaysfar easier, simpler and quicker to go straight to manufacturer, with the usual caveat... IME

Feb 20, 2008 at 4:24 PM Post #49 of 57
This thread really has me wondering now,as I am only waiting for 750.00 USD to transfer into my Paypal account from Hyperwallet,so that I can order two sets of ATH ESW9's from AudioCubes.

The moderators comments on AC,and this thread,make me cringe.

The fact there is NO mention of shipping insurance with them (ability to buy or get it at all on overseas sales on thier website) has me hesitating with this purchase.

Feb 20, 2008 at 4:35 PM Post #50 of 57
I'd just like to say that i expect retailers to at least put me in direct contact with the manufacturer of a product if they themselves cant answer my warranty query.

The thing that annoyed me about Audiocubes is that they ignored my first email completely, and then didnt provide me with contact information for who i should talk to about warranty.

But that may not make them any better or worse thn any other e-tailer, i just come to expect more as im used to better service in the UK.

I would still consider buying from Audiocubes again, i just hope they learn that the very least they can do in this situation is provide direct contact details/information for the manufacturer in question.

Feb 20, 2008 at 5:50 PM Post #51 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Silwad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"It is your obligation as a retailer to provide a replacement for the original." The OP couldn't be more wrong.

Well actually depending on where you are he couldn't be more right. In Denmark (and possibly in all of EU) the retailer (not the manufacturer) carries all responsibility for interacting with the customer for 2 years. Any fault that develops within the first 12 months is assumed to have been present at the time of purchase and warrants free repair or replacement (unless it can be proved that you have maltreated the product like dropping a cell phone i water). From 12 to 24 months after purchase you still have the right to complain about a fault and it is up to the retailer to prove that the fault was not present at the time of purchase or has happened due to mistreating the product. And if you get a replacement product within the 24 months you get a full new 24 months of warranty from the date of replacement. If a product needs to be repaired the retailer has 2-3 attempts to remedy the problem each not taking more than about 2 weeks and if the problem is not fixed by then you can claim your money back.

Feb 20, 2008 at 9:53 PM Post #52 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorito123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Butter, Parkay, Butter, Parkay, Butter, Parkay

I can't believe it's not butter.
confused.gif

Pardon me, please pass the Grey Poupon...

Feb 20, 2008 at 10:14 PM Post #54 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by nc8000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well actually depending on where you are he couldn't be more right. In Denmark (and possibly in all of EU) the retailer (not the manufacturer) carries all responsibility for interacting with the customer for 2 years. Any fault that develops within the first 12 months is assumed to have been present at the time of purchase and warrants free repair or replacement (unless it can be proved that you have maltreated the product like dropping a cell phone i water). From 12 to 24 months after purchase you still have the right to complain about a fault and it is up to the retailer to prove that the fault was not present at the time of purchase or has happened due to mistreating the product. And if you get a replacement product within the 24 months you get a full new 24 months of warranty from the date of replacement. If a product needs to be repaired the retailer has 2-3 attempts to remedy the problem each not taking more than about 2 weeks and if the problem is not fixed by then you can claim your money back.

So that explains why the OP expected Audiocubes to replace the product. Sounds like a headache to retailers in my opinion.

Feb 20, 2008 at 10:25 PM Post #55 of 57
Sometimes a retailer will tell a customer to contact the manufacturer and sometimes the manufacturer will tell a customer to contact an authorized dealer. The response he got from audioqubes was very unprofessional and if it were me I would have a new person interfacing with my customers. The last thing you need is someone who views your customers as (Pests) doing customer service for you. I also don't understand people who say "wait and see what they say" and I say to them, wait and see what your customers say when you treat them they way he was treated.

Mar 3, 2008 at 10:05 AM Post #56 of 57
Just an update,

Received full replacement set from Jays last week, very happy with that. Thanks PetCed

Havent heard from audiocubes but that doesnt matter as long as Jays has a word with audiocubes about warranties.

Since all products are sold with a warranty, the least audiocubes can do in a response to a similar query is provide the customer with full contact details of the manufacturer.

Mar 4, 2008 at 6:00 AM Post #57 of 57
Sorry to butt in after 6 pages of posts. I do apologize on behalf of our staff who advised you to go to Radio Shack. Since you are not located in the US, Radio Shack is not even relevant.

Regarding Jays products, please note that any warranty repair issue with Jays products purchased from us will now go directly with Jays. This is a new agreement made between us and Jays.

We do really appreciate all the comments regarding our service, from the past, to the present, and of course in the future. We do want to provide excellent customer service, prior to, and after the sale, so yes please let us know. As a reseller, it is indeed sometimes difficult to be caught between customers and manufacturers (for example, with returns - where most of our suppliers will not take returns, leaving us with products that we most likely cannot sell), so we continue to find a middle ground on this.

This is why we now have a store in New York so you can come and try out some of the products we have available so you have make a good decision before taking out that credit card. In any case, thanks and I am glad Marcos' issue was resolved by Jays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back