Check this out! (xbox 360 related)
Nov 23, 2005 at 1:17 AM Post #2 of 19
Its a great little system, I was lucky enough to get it last night, but even if I didnt, I am NOT going to pay prices like that for it! It will be in stores and easy to find shortly after Christmas, I mean jeez..save a couple grand, and wait a couple months.

I should charge people $30 an hour to come over and play mine...

Nov 23, 2005 at 1:23 AM Post #4 of 19
One of my friends from work said that he bought two 360's and sold them both on ebay for over 1000. Crazy people...

EDIT: I just saw one auction over the course of less than two minutes go from $1,027 to $1,525. That was the premium bundle with no extras.

Nov 23, 2005 at 1:47 AM Post #6 of 19
We have a very cool math teacher in our school who plays video games and stuff like that. he told us that he spend the whole night in line for xbox 360 and then walked 2 feet and sold it for $1200!

Nov 23, 2005 at 2:25 AM Post #8 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by hungrych
Wow, I should have done that...

I should have to, I personally think $400 for it is crazy. But a $600 profit would be worth some time waiting in line.

P.S. $400 on audio gear isn't crazy though in some way.

Nov 23, 2005 at 5:10 AM Post #10 of 19
Even if I could sell my XBox 360 for $2000, I wouldn't, because I spent nearly a day in line. And I usually make that much in one day on a job or two.

I hate Xmas toy scalpers, but as long as parents and kids of all ages are willing to get ripped off, there will be a market for them. Tickle Me Elmo, Furbies, video game systems are the current hotness.

But I would've just waited for later shipments, if faced with getting ripped off on eBay.

-Ed

Nov 23, 2005 at 6:06 AM Post #11 of 19
Was gonna mention the same thing. A co-worker did the line camping thing, but his Xbox is for keepers and he didn't even get the premium setup that he wanted but one below I believe.

First there are lots of high priced bundles out there so not all the Xbox's selling for 2k are just bare bone crap. Second time is money. Time when you are normally sleeping is even more money. And time camping in some cold parking lot full of geeks is well priceless. If you account average profit with time spent charged at 2.5x (for overtime + ungodly hours with geeks) and its a one time deal...its not the greatest. Course unfortunately some people spend 4+ years of education only to have to spend overtime and ungodly hours with geeks.
tongue.gif

I'd bet the one's profiting the most are those with enough connections that they didn't have to camp out. I wonder how/if private small game shop owners get their hands on them, and if they sell on ebay 'gray' market. I'm also wondering if they are only pulling a 'Launch' shortage for publicity and fear tactic and will have the calvary come in for X-mas.

If you really want to be a person, I'm sure ticket scalping is less time-consuming and more profitable.

Nov 27, 2005 at 6:27 PM Post #14 of 19
If I just happened to come across an extra 360, sure I would sell it for a nice profit on eBay. If people are dumb enough to give $1000+ for something that sells for $400, why shouldn't I be one of the people that gain from it.
But I wasn't going to try and make it my job, I wasn't going to sit in line all day waiting to buy one and then sell it. I reserved mine back in May, got it on launch day, and NO ONE is getting it from me.

In all honesty, If I had an extra 360, I would sell it for a banging profit, then donate the money. I am not in need, nor am I greedy for money.

Has anyone seen those auctions on eBay where people are selling 360's for $20k? Click here if you want to be truely disgusted:http://cgi.ebay.com/Microsoft-Xbox-3...QQcmdZViewItem

Nov 27, 2005 at 8:06 PM Post #15 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by slick
If I just happened to come across an extra 360, sure I would sell it for a nice profit on eBay. If people are dumb enough to give $1000+ for something that sells for $400, why shouldn't I be one of the people that gain from it.
But I wasn't going to try and make it my job, I wasn't going to sit in line all day waiting to buy one and then sell it. I reserved mine back in May, got it on launch day, and NO ONE is getting it from me.

In all honesty, If I had an extra 360, I would sell it for a banging profit, then donate the money. I am not in need, nor am I greedy for money.

Has anyone seen those auctions on eBay where people are selling 360's for $20k? Click here if you want to be truely disgusted:http://cgi.ebay.com/Microsoft-Xbox-3...QQcmdZViewItem

Heheh, yeah hindsight is 20/20.
wink.gif
I waited in line, and NO ONE is getting it from me.
biggrin.gif

-Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back