Check this out - TWO "immaculate" Orpheus Headphones plus ONE HEV-90 up for sale
Apr 19, 2010 at 5:57 AM Post #46 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by fenixdown110 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know what I would do with that money. House down payment.

ull never make that money .... LOL

im kidding .... thats what she said !!!

Apr 19, 2010 at 10:54 PM Post #47 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would have bought it but it comes with no manual. Dealbreaker.
tongue.gif

For that kind of money I'd buy some serious speakers, amp, preamp, and a nice new TV. Or a million other things.

What the heck does a person need with two HE90s? Does the amp even let you plug in two pair? If it does, I doubt you're going to spend 5 figures so a friend can join you.

and what if when you're back home and want to listen to good music, your wife is already using the only Orpheus you've got and shows you the HD 800 ?

Apr 20, 2010 at 9:36 AM Post #48 of 48
$32500 is roughly 24000 EUR.

Let's say that the amp is valued at a rough 6000 EUR => each Orpheus would be around 9000 EUR.

Which is the double of the price for which a batch of 30 units or so were sold by Meier Audio (with pre-orders!!!) a couple of years ago.

So basically the price is 2x the "official" price, for one of the scarcest products in the world.

Yes, very expensive, but not ridiculously expensive, I would say. Just 100% profit for something extremely rare and sought after.

Much, much less than, let's say, the profit of most aftermarket cable producers.
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back