Check this out - TWO "immaculate" Orpheus Headphones plus ONE HEV-90 up for sale
Apr 14, 2010 at 11:54 AM Post #16 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by tvrboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, how many of you wankers put in a "best offer" of $100 ... I bet at least one of you

Well I know it’s not IPodPJ, he’s busted his bank this year.
biggrin.gif

Apr 14, 2010 at 12:34 PM Post #18 of 48
That is one sexy set up. Why would you need to HE90's though? I'd be happy just owning one HE90, even without the amp i'd just put it in a glass box and look at it when i wake up in the morning.

Apr 14, 2010 at 2:52 PM Post #19 of 48
Nice condition though I have to admit.
smily_headphones1.gif
I'm sure some billionnaire from China will buy the combo.

Apr 14, 2010 at 4:18 PM Post #21 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by purk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sure some billionnaire from China will buy the combo.

I don't know. Depends on how many of them are past the $10K wine and coke mix stage
wink.gif

[size=xx-small]Background: notes on the noveau rich. In the 60's and 70's we dissed people who had just gotten rich in Hong Kong but who hadn't yet gotten the necessary cultural refinement the "sharks fin with rice crowd" and now the joke's on the new mainland rich mixing expensive wines with coke. Not to say all Chinese noveau rich are crude and culturally limited, but those types are out there. Probably not the smartest thing for me to explain local jokes to people with barely any interest, but hey, it's worth a try.[/size]

Apr 15, 2010 at 2:30 AM Post #26 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by alvin sawdust /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If only i hadn't bought a house last week!

Quote:

Originally Posted by fenixdown110 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess my surgery and chemotherapy will have to wait.

I'm selling my firstborn child to fund these. The institution does some very important research, and Daddy needs new headphones.

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnwmclean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Paypal 4% killed the deal for me.

The PayPal fee alone could nearly buy a new HD800.

Apr 15, 2010 at 4:58 AM Post #30 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by johnwmclean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I know it’s not IPodPJ, he’s busted his bank this year.
biggrin.gif

Isn't that the truth.
biggrin.gif
The minimum bid was around $400 and for that I'd surely buy it. I'm not a stat guy but the HE90 has impressed me more than any other stat I've heard so it would be nice owning a pair of these legendary phones. Of course then I'd have to build a matching stat amp.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back