cheapest mass produced head phone amp
Sep 3, 2004 at 1:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

kfh227

100+ Head-Fier
What is it and is it worth it?

Sep 3, 2004 at 2:27 PM Post #3 of 27
Boostaro
tongue.gif
Kidding don't get that, it sucks. Some people don't consider it an amp.

Isn't a CMOY still DIY not mass produced?

Sep 3, 2004 at 5:40 PM Post #4 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
Isn't a CMOY still DIY not mass produced?

I'd tend to agree here... CMOY is definitely NOT mass-produced.

Isn't there some Audio-Technica amp on Audiocubes that's incredibly cheap?

Sep 3, 2004 at 5:51 PM Post #5 of 27
The Airhead or Bithead are inexpensive and are mass produced. They are from Headroom.

Sep 3, 2004 at 6:55 PM Post #7 of 27
Well, I bet that there is some $1 or so mass-produced headphone amp from China or something which is what comes inside most consumer music players (think those tiny flash MP3 players or you average PCDP).

Sep 3, 2004 at 7:00 PM Post #8 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by chillysalsa
The AT-HA2 from Audio Technica is probably the cheapest at $69 USD. I recall reading some comments on it on here, wasn't too well recieved. Do a search if interested...

Hee hee, when I clicked on the AT-HA2 link, they had a list of products that customers bought when they bought the AT-HA2, among them were the Sony Street Style Headphones... SIGH.

Sep 3, 2004 at 10:04 PM Post #10 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by BowerR64
What about these?

Art headphone amp its only $39. and mass produced.

Art headphone amp 2 This one is $49.

Unfortunately most pro amps sounds poor. They're generally for quantity and durability, not sound quality. There are a few high priced exceptions (e.g. Grace 901).

-dd3mon

Sep 3, 2004 at 10:29 PM Post #12 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoide
Well, I bet that there is some $1 or so mass-produced headphone amp from China or something which is what comes inside most consumer music players (think those tiny flash MP3 players or you average PCDP).

Well DAPs and PCDPs and soundcards for that matter have amp sections which are undoubtedly cheap in some cases but they don't come on their own pcb, can't be powered seperately, don't have input jacks or an enclosure etc so they essentially wouldn't function as an amp outside of the device they are built into.

Sep 3, 2004 at 10:38 PM Post #13 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by dd3mon
Unfortunately most pro amps sounds poor. They're generally for quantity and durability, not sound quality. There are a few high priced exceptions (e.g. Grace 901).

-dd3mon

I dunno, people seem to like the Presonus HP4 pretty well...

Sep 3, 2004 at 10:43 PM Post #14 of 27
Oh yeah that was one of my choices when I was trying to figure out what amp to buy. What is it compareable to?

Sep 4, 2004 at 8:08 AM Post #15 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by dd3mon

-dd3mon

You think they are worse then a cmoy? how much more simple can a headphone amp get? I mean the cmoy is about as simple as it can get isnt it? Ide think for its size it would be compareable to the cmoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back