Cheapest Foam Tipped IEMs
Nov 2, 2009 at 2:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

peli_kan

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys,

A friend, happy owner of a pair of JVC Marshmallows, lost one of his tips and needs either a replacement foam tip or a replacement pair of headphones. I suggested to him either the AI-M9 or AI-M6, but he dislikes the feel of silicone monoflanges, and much prefers the foam tips of the marshmallows.

The cheapest I know of is the SE110, but I don't like any Shures besides the SE530, SRH440, and SRH840. Are there any other cheap IEMs that come with either their own foam tips or replacement Comply tips?

In this case, sound quality is secondary while comfort (foam tips) is crucial. Please keep the solution under $30 if possible.

Thanks.

Nov 2, 2009 at 2:09 AM Post #2 of 4
Well, the JVC Marshmallows work with the Comply T500 foam tips but they cost ~$15 for three pairs. There are several other IEMs with foam tips such as the JVC HA-FX66 Air Cushions (which are about $18 on Amazon.com but only come with one set of waxy memory foam tips) and I believe Rocketfish makes some earphones with Comply tips with what I believe to be a Ultimate Ears Metro.Fi body style. I think the SoundMagic PL-30 also has foam tips included so you might want to look into that as well.

Nov 2, 2009 at 2:09 AM Post #3 of 4
I just recently received the Soundmagic PL-50 (~$55).

Bundled with these phones are three sizes of foam tips which are extremely similar to the Marshmallow tips, but which have an infinitely better feel and fit.

I realize that they're almost double the budget, but they're ridiculously comfortable. The PL-30 would be another option, which is ~$25, and comes with the same foam tips (I believe?).

Nov 2, 2009 at 2:27 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopPop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I realize that they're almost double the budget, but they're ridiculously comfortable. The PL-30 would be another option, which is ~$25, and comes with the same foam tips (I believe?).

Yep, the PL30 comes with foamies, albeit only one set unlike the PL50. Alternatively, there are foam tips available that fit the PL21.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back