Cheapest Flash player ever?
Jul 1, 2005 at 12:31 AM Post #16 of 19
Congrats on the purchase. Looks very promising
eek.gif

i *dare* you to go up to a friend and say you got the new ipod shuffle.
icon10.gif

Jul 2, 2005 at 7:53 AM Post #17 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx
Good find.

If you have some cards sitting around -

this or this

I remember commenting on the thread for the ubercheap add-card flash player. It looks to me like the best value for flash, considering that newegg.com has the best prices I've ever seen for memory cards- I picked up a 256mb SD card for my camera for $20. If I wanted a Shuffle value killer, that thing might just be it- too bad I couldn't convince a friend of mine to get one, he splurged without my advice and picked up a Sandisk SDMX1 1GB for $180
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
!
He could've saved himself a TON of money if knew about the ubercheap CES10662. he could've gotten two extra 1GB cards to go with it for the price he paid for his Sandisk, IMO.
5000smile.gif
Abe

~BTW, blessingx, what's your thoughts on that player and the TigerDirect one you mentioned?

Jul 2, 2005 at 1:48 PM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by seeberg
~BTW, blessingx, what's your thoughts on that player and the TigerDirect one you mentioned?

I really have no idea. I sort of think the less parts you have (say no screen, etc. on the $9 model) may make it less prone to issues, but who knows? I will say I have an old 5 year old Samsung Yepp player, and I think I was third in line with it (and have since given it to a forth) and that thing keeps going and going (though drivers are kinda hard to find now)

Also on the screenless front see my iPod Shuffle refurbished thread.

Jul 2, 2005 at 2:01 PM Post #19 of 19
Thanks for the info, in any case. I dunno about a refurbished Shuffle, I get the feeling that $18 screenless cheapie or that $9 Trio model loaded with 512mb or 1gb flash cards, if the option is given, would have less issues with restricting data- most, if not all flash memory cards are driverless and UMS compliant, aren't they?(I know the SD card in my camera is, and the camera is both PictBridge and UMS compliant). Add in a rechargeable NiMH battery, and I think a Shuffle killer is possible, but sound quality would be the big mystery here.
Having a sweet opamp put in the place of whatever is inside one of those cheapie players would totally seal the deal for me.
5000smile.gif
Abe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back