Cheapest ear phones
May 17, 2006 at 7:11 AM Post #16 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by KurtCocain
I am thinking of buying Koss "the plug". And I am not sure what you mean by "critical listenining," but let me just say that I have NO mp3 on my iriver! I listen to MPC or lossless.

Spends good money on a DAP, takes up the time and space needed to encode into lossless, wont spend more than $20 on the things that will push this lossless encoded material into his ears... odd.
I know we at headfi often justify far greater expendatures than we really need to make but come on. A decent DAP + lossless is totally wasted with any $30 headphones. (yes, EVEN the KSC75s you Koss cultists
tongue.gif
)

May 17, 2006 at 7:31 AM Post #17 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by stmpjmp
Spends good money on a DAP, takes up the time and space needed to encode into lossless, wont spend more than $20 on the things that will push this lossless encoded material into his ears... odd.
I know we at headfi often justify far greater expendatures than we really need to make but come on. A decent DAP + lossless is totally wasted with any $30 headphones. (yes, EVEN the KSC75s you Koss cultists
tongue.gif
)

hey man, give a head-fi-er a break. KC just laid out the cash for the mp3 player. At least if the time comes to add a pair of high-end headphones to the mix, KC won't have to go back and re-encode a few hundred CD's. Plus, I think there's something to be said for working your way up the chain. Too many people find head-fi and instantly buy either a recabled HD650 or the closest approximation they can afford. Way to learn to love high-fidelity.

On the other hand, you're right of course. Given a big enough hard drive, it might be worth cutting some mp3's for portable use. 20GB doesn't go very far with lossless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back