Cheapest and best Counter Strike Headphones
Dec 25, 2003 at 8:46 AM Post #16 of 27
I just want everything to go back to good 'ol cs 1.5...

NS is fun at first, but it doesnt have the staying power of cs

Dec 25, 2003 at 9:12 AM Post #17 of 27
CS is ruined by aimbot, myg0t and general lil ****es thats think their hard. Maybe im just a NS person.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 25, 2003 at 9:22 AM Post #18 of 27
Etymotic ER-4S rules for playing any Half-Life game, especially Counterstrike, since you can very, very precisely place people by their footsteps even if they're behind walls. Their $250 price tag (from ToddTheVinylJunkie.com ) may be a bit high for you though. However, I don't think there's a better CS headphone out there, period. Not only do they have incredibly precise imaging but you'll be able to hear every nuance of someone inserting their clip into their gun, much less tell when they're reloading.

Oh, and they sound damn good too. To be honest, I'd sell my $7500 (retail) Sennheiser HE90s before I sold my Etys. (to be fair, the Etys are a lot more practical in a general-purpose headphone kind of way; they don't need a $1000 electrostatic headphone amplifier. You will want to pick up a decent amplifier from Todd or JMTAudio.com though.)

Dec 25, 2003 at 9:32 AM Post #19 of 27
Ive used both the beyers and the etys for gaming, and while the eys do have great positiong, they dont have enough oomph or body in their sound for games like cs (atleast IMO).

I need more powerful bass than what is provided with the etys.

Also, i dont think the etys are comfortable enough to wear over long gaming periods. A few times while i was using them, they started to aggrivate my inner ear and this was an annoyance to have camp in a corner while i adjusted them.

However, i cant argue with accuracy, If thats what your looking for, they double as great listening phones that you will keep for a very long time.

Dec 25, 2003 at 3:43 PM Post #21 of 27
Ok so do you know any sites that sell the 250-80s used or refurbished? Also what do you guys think about the Sony V6 and V600 for gaming. Ive heard alot of bad things about the V600 for music, but looking at a few CPL pictures, a few of the pros are wearing the Sony V600s (looks like it because its hard to read the writing), and a guy on this forum also said a few of the top pros use them. How does the V600 compare to the V6 in things like stereo imaging and etc, and is it REALLY that bad.

Dec 25, 2003 at 4:29 PM Post #22 of 27
I owned v6's for a while, and i think they are a nice set of all around headphones.

They should be fine as well.

Dec 25, 2003 at 4:39 PM Post #23 of 27
Quote:

Originally posted by el_diablo007
You'll probably want really good positioning 'phones...in which case you should pick up a pair of Sony MDR-V6/7506 with the Beyer mod....they have really awesome positioning and lots of bass
biggrin.gif

seconded.

Dec 25, 2003 at 8:03 PM Post #25 of 27
You might want to try 5.1 headphones like the ZALMAN ZM-RS6F 5.1 .. not the best sound quality by any means but you're not going to beat them for positioning as they actually contain 6 speakers.. and positioning is really what you're looking for.. They're cheap too. I have a pair of Koss R/70B (protapro drivers) that I like for gaming cause they have a nice built in mic for roger wilco.

That would be sweet.. 5.1 headphones that *actually sound good* with a built in mic... I can dream anyway... with dvd audio and stuff maybe we'll see more good 5.1 phones in the future

Users who are viewing this thread

Back