Cheapest Accessories to Power HD600s?
Jan 11, 2010 at 5:00 PM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Melanter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you really need to change the cable on the 600s?

No you do not have to change it. However, you may want to which is different.
biggrin.gif
popcorn.gif

Jan 11, 2010 at 5:35 PM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The cheapest? Run a 1/8" to RCA cable from your laptop to an old receiver. Ask friends and relatives if they will give you an old two channel receiver they might have in the garage. You can also find receivers at thrift stores, junk shops, garage sales, Craigslist, etc. If you're lucky, you should be able to get the receiver and cable for $20 to $30.

Got to agree with this option if you want cheap and good. My vintage Pioneer integrated amplifier has no problems powering my HD580. Although it's bigger and sounds different from my much more expensive EMU0404/XcanV3 headphone amplifier combination.

Jan 11, 2010 at 6:40 PM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The cheapest? Run a 1/8" to RCA cable from your laptop to an old receiver. Ask friends and relatives if they will give you an old two channel receiver they might have in the garage. You can also find receivers at thrift stores, junk shops, garage sales, Craigslist, etc. If you're lucky, you should be able to get the receiver and cable for $20 to $30.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DefectiveAudioComponent /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got to agree with this option if you want cheap and good. My vintage Pioneer integrated amplifier has no problems powering my HD580. Although it's bigger and sounds different from my much more expensive EMU0404/XcanV3 headphone amplifier combination.

x3. If you can find an old NAD Preamp they actually have quite a headphone stage.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back