Cheapest Accessories to Power HD600s?
Jan 11, 2010 at 12:01 AM Post #5 of 21
The cheapest? Run a 1/8" to RCA cable from your laptop to an old receiver. Ask friends and relatives if they will give you an old two channel receiver they might have in the garage. You can also find receivers at thrift stores, junk shops, garage sales, Craigslist, etc. If you're lucky, you should be able to get the receiver and cable for $20 to $30.

Jan 11, 2010 at 12:09 AM Post #6 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Melanter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is the bare minimum I would need to get to use Senn HD600's coming out of a laptop? Would I need an amp and a DAC? What are the cheapest options?

Bare minimum would be an an amp. You could get a decent one for $60 in the FS forums. (Mini 3 or something)

Jan 11, 2010 at 1:02 AM Post #8 of 21
The cheapest option would be to plug it into your laptop. But the cheapest option that sounds decent would be to get a DAC/amp combo.

Jan 11, 2010 at 1:54 AM Post #9 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by gbacic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The cheapest option would be to plug it into your laptop. But the cheapest option that sounds decent would be to get a DAC/amp combo.

Can you recommend one?

Jan 11, 2010 at 2:00 AM Post #10 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Melanter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can you recommend one?

NuForce uDAC for $100.

Jan 11, 2010 at 2:07 AM Post #11 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Raez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
NuForce uDAC for $100.

i just got one this weekend...as part of an overall effort to improve the sound of my music coming from my mac.

not only does the amplifier make my existing headphones sound better but there is a noticeable tightening of the bass, an expanded soundstage and improved clarity. i expect when i upgrade my headphones, i'll be able to hear even more improvement.

for $99, it's almost stealing.

Jan 11, 2010 at 3:35 AM Post #14 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by leveller1642 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Chinese amp/dacs, such as the Zero or Zhaolu 2.00 can be available second hand for around $100.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/rev...re-amp-269458/

Are you in Australia? I can sell you a Zero for about $80. I have a Zhaolu 2.00 too. You could have that for $100.

The cheapest option though would be as Uncle erik suggested- an old integrated amp.

Thanks but I'm pretty far away in Canada.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back