cheap speaker stands for Audioengine A5's
Aug 29, 2008 at 2:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

shleepy

100+ Head-Fier
I should get a pair of stands for my A5's, since they're taking up too much space on my desk (and I just ordered a 30" monitor, hehe). Anyone have good luck with A5's and some very cheap stands? I'm talking about something like $40 ones from buy.com. Some look like they might not fit the A5's, so I'm curious to see if someone has tried something that cheap.

They should be at least around 32" tall, and doesn't really matter what color (speakers are white; if there's a choice, I'd prefer white ones, but black is perfectly fine).

Thanks!

Dec 1, 2008 at 4:38 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by docmichael /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's this:

Real Wood - HD36 - Speaker Stands-Audio Advisor

In black:

Real Wood - WT35.5 - Speaker Stand-Audio Advisor

biggrin.gif

I ordered a pair of these in oak yesterday! Got the parents some new bookshelves and these were the least expensive nice stands I could find. They have lots of oak in their living room, so these are perfect.

Dec 3, 2008 at 6:56 PM Post #4 of 6
If you're interested in building your own, I can recommend the TNT Stubby design: TNT-Stubby - A DIY Speaker Stand Project on TNT-Audio [English]

I built a pair this past summer and they turned out fantastic. Best part (aside from the low cost), is that you can customize any of the dimensions to fit your needs.

If you're interested in these, I can give you some tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back