cheap line out solution for iPod?
Jan 24, 2008 at 2:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

flohmann

100+ Head-Fier
Looking for inexpensive (and thus ALO is out) options to get a line out from my iPod Classic 160 to the input on a Tomahawk.

I've seen the SendStation PocketDock Line Out USB (~$30) and CableToGo's dock-to-3.5mm cable (~$16). The PocketDock seems rather chunky, and probably won't fit through the opening in my iPod case. The CableToGo has a 4 foot cable, which is about 3.5 feet more than I need.

Anything else I should consider in the sub-$60 category?

Jan 24, 2008 at 3:40 AM Post #3 of 8
For sub-$60, you can get any of a few members here to make you high quality LODs. TURBO is well known for them, for example.

I've bought two from member stevenkelby and I cannot recommend him more highly.

Jan 24, 2008 at 3:55 PM Post #7 of 8
For your price range, Turbo is definitley the answer. He is a fellow Head-fier and the dudes products are excellent. I would say they are easily on the same quality level as ALO or Quables, but for half the price. (50 bucks last time I bought one). Turbo is the man!

Jan 24, 2008 at 11:17 PM Post #8 of 8
Thanks for all the feedback. I decided to go with the cheaper Canare from eBay option ($15). No disrespect to the higher quality crafts-people here at Head-fi, but since this portable solution will be built around 192kbps MP3s on an iPod (yes, I know, but that's the tradeoff for fitting my entire collection on an iPod), doesn't seem to make much sense to spend big money on interconnects.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back