Cheap Headphones for Daughter
Dec 18, 2009 at 1:35 PM Post #61 of 111
If i were in your position, i would go for IEMS, check out the Klipsch Image S4.

Isolates Nice
Sounds Nice
Looks Nice
Brand is Nice
Price is Nice ($80)

I Like, Is Nice...

Dec 18, 2009 at 2:25 PM Post #63 of 111
She def. doesn't want IEM's.

Swb...are you saying the JVC's are better than the k81djs and the KS7's? What about the full size over the ear JVCs like the HA-M750 or HA-RX900 or the like? Her original "wish" was worded as "Good, chunky (but not too chunky), cute (important!) Headphones"

Dec 18, 2009 at 3:12 PM Post #64 of 111
Sorry to be old and clueless, but what's chunky mean in this context?

FWIW it seems to me you have enough constraining factors (sealed, unamped, price range) to narrow the field enough that there can't really be more than one or two finalists once you apply the cuteness criterion. Surely your research must be drawing to an end.

Dec 18, 2009 at 3:21 PM Post #65 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by episiarch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry to be old and clueless, but what's chunky mean in this context?

FWIW it seems to me you have enough constraining factors (sealed, unamped, price range) to narrow the field enough that there can't really be more than one or two finalists once you apply the cuteness criterion. Surely your research must be drawing to an end.

You and me both, my friend...they is why this thread just broke the 5 page barrier.

These are the "example" of what she liked. She likes the color, but I think it is the style more than the color. She def. doesn't want sound leakage, so she doesn't realize these are open air and would leak sound.

Urban Outfitters Headphones

Dec 18, 2009 at 3:53 PM Post #66 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by volntitan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
She def. doesn't want IEM's.

Swb...are you saying the JVC's are better than the k81djs and the KS7's? What about the full size over the ear JVCs like the HA-M750 or HA-RX900 or the like? Her original "wish" was worded as "Good, chunky (but not too chunky), cute (important!) Headphones"

I said nothing about the K81 or the KS7s. I recommended three of them and was told the white set was no good, then I said I strongly enforce the JVC even more. They are sexy, very comfy, and dont leak sound much at all and are easily drive well by an mp3 player or laptop.

Dec 18, 2009 at 4:00 PM Post #67 of 111
Swbf...

Please don't feel I don't fully appreciate your recommendations. My head is swimming and just when I feel that I have settled on something, I switch. I thank everyone for their patience with me. I just wnat to get something that makes her happy. I honestly hadn't looked at the JVC's at all, that is why I was asking if you thought they sounded better or as good as the other 2.

Dec 18, 2009 at 4:28 PM Post #70 of 111
I ordered and received a pair of the refurb ES7s, and they look absolutely brand new. Not a mark on them. There is no factory box, though. Just a sealed cardboard box with a yellow Audio Technica sticker on it with a barcode and indicating they are refurbs.

Inside the box, the phones are packed well, with velour bag, warranty card, and everything that they come with when new, all in bubble-wrap. One-year warranty, too.

BTW, Beach Audio, Buydig, and Beach Camera are all the same company, I believe. They are extremely reliable and fully legit.

I'm still burning them in, so no comment on the sound yet.

Dec 18, 2009 at 4:29 PM Post #71 of 111
The JVCs aren't cute IMO.. I'm around the same age as your daughter. If she doesn't mind renting library headphones, I'm sure she wouldn't mind a refurbished pair.

Dec 18, 2009 at 4:43 PM Post #72 of 111
Forget the $50. Get her a pair of RE0. No-one can complain about them. They have nice to great sound depending on who you aks. They're small and aesthetic isn't an issue. There, issue solved. I think after 5 pages and days and days, you can stretch your budget. I hope she enjoys them.

Thanks,

Ross

Dec 18, 2009 at 4:45 PM Post #73 of 111
Wow...five pages for this thread?
Why not give her the cash...and tell her to buy the cutest, chunkiest headphones that SHE can find, and be done with it.

Dec 18, 2009 at 4:56 PM Post #75 of 111
Geez, there was a thread that was discussing the Skullcandy Titan and I just ran in the car and picked them up at Target just to hear them. Seriously, there's been plenty of sage advice given here to decide. If she's renting heaphones, she'll be happy with anything good.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back