Cheap Headphones for Daughter
Dec 17, 2009 at 3:12 PM Post #31 of 111
In that case prolly your best bet would be the ES7's , they are one of the best looking headphones out there. You could also try out AKG K81dj but they are somewhat dull looking.

Dec 17, 2009 at 5:10 PM Post #36 of 111
The ES7's can be driven really easily, so an iPhone will be fine .
Once they are burned in, their sound quality is excellent .
And they look rather nice.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 17, 2009 at 6:23 PM Post #38 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by InFn-0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here is a friendly advice, dont think so much, just inky pinky ponky them and choose the one that comes out winner. lol

LOL...unfortunately I am a notorious researcher and wringer of hands, so I will fret over this decision.

I am leaning to the refurbished ES7 for $55. Now, I can get those thru Beach Camera or Buydig. Any idea which company is better, especially returns?

Dec 17, 2009 at 6:36 PM Post #40 of 111
Go for the ES7's, even though i have never heard them, they are still very well regarded headphones that wont let you down.

Buy dig has 16,426 seller ratings with an average of 4.5/5 if you check it from google product search, while i cannot find Beach Camera in the first page, so i guess Buy Dig will be the wiser choice.

Dec 17, 2009 at 7:47 PM Post #43 of 111
If the 60i Grado wasn't open air, I would probably get those, but the key is that the stuff she is listening to doesn't "leak" so that others could hear it. She will be using them in the library alot.

Dec 17, 2009 at 8:19 PM Post #45 of 111
Nozr...

You have no idea the hand wringing I go thru. First I am sold on the ES7. Then I wonder about the JVC's I mentioned or the Creative Audio ones that apparently are Denon "clones". The I wonder if I should just go for the cheap panasonics....Then I'm back to the ES7....

All this for a 21 year old who honestly wouldn't know the sound difference anyway...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back