Cheap Etymotics!!
Aug 26, 2003 at 11:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

evmeister

New Head-Fier
Hey all --

I just found what is possibly the cheapest way to acquire a pair of Etymotic 4Ps.

Go to Idealsound. They're an Ebay store. Please note that I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO AFFILIATION WITH THEM. I paid $265.00 U.S. for a pair of BRAND SPANKIN' NEW ER-4Ps and a converter cable to turn them into ER-4Ss, INCLUDING OVERNIGHT SHIPPING! I ordered them today & I'll have them in my hot little geeky hands by Thursday morning.

If that ain't a good deal, I don't know what is.

Considering that the next-lowest price I've heard about is $269.00 for the ER-4Ps alone through www.headphone.com, I thought this was a pretty amazing price -- one worth passing along to the audiophilic (is that a word?) multitude out there.

Do with this info what you will.

- Evan

Aug 27, 2003 at 12:01 AM Post #2 of 32
How about reporting back after you've received them and verified that the seller is good, the product is good, and you haven't been shortchanged in some way?

Not questioning your judgment, but Ebay sellers can sometimes be flaky and unreliable.

Aug 27, 2003 at 12:01 AM Post #3 of 32
welcome to head-fi.
smily_headphones1.gif

thanks for the heads up.
etysmile.gif

Aug 27, 2003 at 12:05 AM Post #4 of 32
Quote:

Originally posted by fewtch
How about reporting back after you've received them and verified that the seller is good, the product is good, and you haven't been shortchanged in some way?

Not questioning your judgment, but Ebay sellers can sometimes be flaky and unreliable.

I wholeheartedly agree. This guy, however, had great feedback and plenty of it so I took a chance. I will absolutely report back once the merchandise shows up & I've had a chance to evaluate it.

- Ev

Aug 27, 2003 at 12:07 AM Post #5 of 32
will etymotics value the warranty though ? AFAIK etys warranty is only valid if you purchase through their authorised reseller, which is what put me of idealsound and go to my local ety reseller instead.

Aug 27, 2003 at 4:47 AM Post #6 of 32
Aug 27, 2003 at 1:46 PM Post #9 of 32
Quote:

Originally posted by MD1032
http://headphone.com/layout.php?topi...tID=0020100005

Uhhhh, what's the point in getting them from e-bay when you can pay 5 bucks more to get them from a reliable source?

read.
his has the ety 4p to 4s converter, which is another 40+ dollars I believe. So actually it's only 220 for the ety 4p shipped. Cheaper

Aug 27, 2003 at 1:50 PM Post #10 of 32
Quote:

Originally posted by MD1032
http://headphone.com/layout.php?topi...tID=0020100005

Uhhhh, what's the point in getting them from e-bay when you can pay 5 bucks more to get them from a reliable source?

Nothing, if you're only buying the headphones. My price ($265), however, also includes the converter cable (to convert the ER-4Ps to ER-4Ss) and free overnight shipping.

headphone.com sells the cable alone for $49. Combine that w/the ER-4Ps and you're paying a total of $318, not including shipping.

You do the math.

Aug 27, 2003 at 11:25 PM Post #12 of 32
Quote:

Originally posted by abel
will etymotics value the warranty though ? AFAIK etys warranty is only valid if you purchase through their authorised reseller, which is what put me of idealsound and go to my local ety reseller instead.

I emailed this question to Paul Chua @ Idealsound (etymotics@hotmail.com). Here is his reply:

"HI Evan, yes - Etymotics will honor the warrenty up to one year."

'Nuff said.

- Ev

Aug 28, 2003 at 1:30 AM Post #14 of 32
I bought mine over at eBay too. Much cheaper than most internet sites.

Aug 28, 2003 at 6:51 PM Post #15 of 32
Quote:

Originally posted by fewtch

OK, my Ety 4Ps showed up this morning. As promised by Idealsound.

In a word, everything is...perfect.

Small box, well-packed, containing that sought-after black plastic Etymotic carrying case. Sealed, with the official Etymotic sticker on the box.

Everything that was supposed to be in the box is there. The converter cable is there (an official Etymotic ER4P-24 converter cable in its sealed plastic bag).
The phones themselves sound amazing. I'm gonna need to play with them for a bit to determine which earpieces fit and feel the best, how to get the best seal, etc. but everything works.

Perfectly.

I know Ebay can be funky sometimes. Fortunately, this is not one of those times. If you want the Etys, and you want 'em cheap, this is the guy to buy from.

- Evan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back