Cheap Etymotics!!
Aug 28, 2003 at 6:54 PM Post #16 of 32
glad everything worked out. happy listening.
etysmile.gif

Aug 28, 2003 at 7:06 PM Post #17 of 32
I got my er4p with 4s converter from idealsound two weeks ago too. All was fantastic.. overnight shipping as promised, and the seller was very pleasant on all accounts. Would recommend to anyone. I saw a post here a few weeks ago where someone stated they contacted etymotic about the warentee and that they would honour it the same. Time might tell I guess. Including shipping that is 20 bucks cheaper with the 4p and the converter cable than just the 4p's from elsewhere.

Aug 28, 2003 at 11:39 PM Post #18 of 32
I bought a pair of ety 4P's from him for 219.95 including overnight shipping. Good communication and they showed up the next day brand new and factory sealed. Recommended from this satisfied customer.

Aug 29, 2003 at 4:26 PM Post #21 of 32
I think it might be time for me to join the Ety crew.

Aug 29, 2003 at 4:44 PM Post #22 of 32
This is going to sound odd, but what time during the day did all of you receive the phones from this guy, and by what carrier were they shipped? I've moved into a building that has no front desk, so nobody's there to sign for a package. I have to put post-it notes at the front entrance to my building for the carrier to call me to tell me the package is there. Tis annoying.
frown.gif

I'm probably going to order these just to compare with the CD3000s, and probably sell the loser. ^_^ Seems like a good deal.

Aug 29, 2003 at 6:48 PM Post #24 of 32
Mine came around noon the following day by airborne express. I live way out in the country in MI and asked idealsound to require "no signature" so they would be left on my front porch. He followed instructions.. had it written on box. Turned out I was home and got them around noon.

Aug 29, 2003 at 10:30 PM Post #26 of 32
Wow, they answered an e-mail question within the hour :)15)! Sounds like a good sign.
cool.gif

edit: I asked him if his products are brand new and how he sells them so cheap and his reply:

Quote:

My products are brand new, check out my feedback - you'll see I leave
customers very satisfied. I am a direct distributor that deals in HUGE
quantities - thus I can pass those savings on to you, the customer!

Thanks for your interest!

Aug 29, 2003 at 10:45 PM Post #27 of 32
I bought my ER4ps from this same guy. My question is, do ER4s have a different cable than the ER4ps? I looked a phaedrus' ER4s and they seemed to have a different cable on his than mine. Any comments?

Aug 29, 2003 at 11:08 PM Post #28 of 32
The cable on the 4S is supposed to be different and less microphonic than the cable of the 4P, from what I have read. I have not compared them directly. There is also a difference in the resistor, which may account for a visual difference.

Aug 29, 2003 at 11:40 PM Post #29 of 32
Hi, thanks for all your interest in my sales. I am glad that so many people are enjoying their ety's and thank you for all the positive comments.

I noticed some skeptical people here, so I thought I would ring in and try to sooth some nerves about my reliability.

First and foremost, I would recommend people check out my feedback.

Feedback

I have over 400 Positive Feedbacks and only 1 negative feedback (over a year ago, that was completely resolved to the satisfaction of the buyer) That's a 99.8% Happy Ratio.

I am an authorized reseller, That's how I can have 100+ units per sale at all times.

For further proof of my legitimacy, I am a square trade member (they actually verified my source of stock) - you may contact them (ask for Jeff)

Square Trade

Lastly, take a look at how long I've been an eBay member as well - you'll see that I've been doing this for over 4 Years (So I'm not some fly by night company)

Please ask me any questions you may have!

Aug 30, 2003 at 12:42 AM Post #30 of 32
Quote:

Originally posted by evmeister
OK, my Ety 4Ps showed up this morning. As promised by Idealsound.

In a word, everything is...perfect.

Small box, well-packed, containing that sought-after black plastic Etymotic carrying case. Sealed, with the official Etymotic sticker on the box.

Everything that was supposed to be in the box is there. The converter cable is there (an official Etymotic ER4P-24 converter cable in its sealed plastic bag).
The phones themselves sound amazing. I'm gonna need to play with them for a bit to determine which earpieces fit and feel the best, how to get the best seal, etc. but everything works.

Perfectly.

I know Ebay can be funky sometimes. Fortunately, this is not one of those times. If you want the Etys, and you want 'em cheap, this is the guy to buy from.

- Evan

I received mine this morning. Exactly like you've described. Australian customs did try to make things more difficult, but Paul was very communicative throughout the whole process. I'm always kept informed.

In short: sweet earphone, and Paul = good bloke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back