Cheap closed headphones
May 28, 2009 at 10:55 AM Post #16 of 29
HD25-1 are supposedly the best of the bunch SQ-wise (should have plenty bass, too) and also in isolation. But I think they are also out of your price range.

May 28, 2009 at 11:32 AM Post #17 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by torrentspy88 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are they closed? I'm sorry but i'm completely out of idea about headphones.

Doesn't matter.

Usually, closed headphones are bassy because of design. It is possible to tweak the design to keep the headphone from being bassy. That usually happens to monitor headphones like the HD280, DT48, (most likely because there is pretty much no space for the bass waves) and a few others.

May 29, 2009 at 4:06 AM Post #20 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by jageur272 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Rex, your constant forwarding of the RX700 is quite annoying. State what you say in helpful terms, such as: I prefer the Senn HD215 over the RX700 because the RX700's boomy bass makes me dizzy. Fun though :p

Not only that, but the RX700 is semi open. Which means it doesn't leak sound, but it lets sound in; if you think it isolates sufficiently, you have your music turned up.

However, for its price range, the RX700 is kick-awesome
biggrin.gif

What kind of music do you listen to?

The RX900 is 'semi-open'. Not the RX700.

Also, it's a lot less boomy (if at all) amped. Mines amped through my internal speaker amp and makes a hell of a difference. Way more controlled, less boomy bass. Rex isn't the only one who praises these phones - check out the thread on them...

May 29, 2009 at 6:58 AM Post #22 of 29
If you want cheap, the Pioneer monitor 10 is a good vintage can. It's a bit heavy though, and might need a do-it-yourself ear pad repair. Also, there have been different impressions on the amount of bass ( due to the pads being old, I suspect ). It usually goes cheap (if not then don't buy it since it probably needs fixing, and you probably can't have a listen before you buy.). Well, maybe it's a poor recommendation actually considering the drawbacks of vintage gear, but it also looks great, in my opinion.

Jun 1, 2009 at 11:24 PM Post #24 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by torrentspy88 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
okay, I just heard about the HA-DX1 and it's in my affordability range. Can anyone throw some light on it w.r.t. HA-RX 700 and 900 ??

No.
confused_face(1).gif

The HA-DX3 is a substantial improvement over the RX 700 and 900 though.

Jun 15, 2009 at 8:08 PM Post #25 of 29
okay, I've ordered the HA-RX700 after checking every website and getting 'out of stock' notices all over and putting buy.com on the alert. I hope they can shut my roommates whining, it's been a long time since i've tried new ears, the porta pros are giving me a headache now...

Jun 15, 2009 at 9:07 PM Post #26 of 29
Well, you could get some Audiotechnica ATH-A700s in your price range, and A500s a bit below your price range. Worth a shot, methinks.

Jun 15, 2009 at 9:24 PM Post #27 of 29
Koss has decent low-end closed stuff.

Jun 19, 2009 at 4:14 PM Post #29 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by pow3rtr1p /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, you could get some Audiotechnica ATH-A700s in your price range, and A500s a bit below your price range. Worth a shot, methinks.

I wish I could, but during my wait for all the comments to drop in i ended up drinking too much and in the end could only afford the jvc ha-rx700, before my paycheck shows up of course, but i could not wait so they're here and they're changing slowly as i hear them from time to time...
They're really good for the price IMO, i just want to hear them perform after a full burn in...
Any specific tips for usage of these heads? they do leak sound outside but oh what the heck, i'll lower the volume, i realized that helps
regular_smile .gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back