Cheap, Cheap IEM's?
Apr 4, 2009 at 2:38 PM Post #16 of 33
Thought about it hard and long and came to decision that I won't be upgrading my headphones just now. I got a pair of £7 Philips in-ear, they sound pretty ok for now and I'll get an upgrade once I've got more money.

Apr 15, 2009 at 4:20 PM Post #18 of 33
Would E2C be significantly better than Marshmellows or EP-630's?

Apr 15, 2009 at 4:34 PM Post #20 of 33
x2 on the ne-7m, they will definitely offer a huge jump in SQ from the cx300 or jvc's. But then again you would have to fork out a bit more.
icon10.gif

Apr 15, 2009 at 4:38 PM Post #21 of 33
I personally haven't hear the ne-7m (still trying to decide on which sub $70-80 to get...the agony...), but I know alot of folks have recommended them to me. Along with some from a place called "head direct" or something...can't remember right now, but think they are called RE2?

Apr 15, 2009 at 4:52 PM Post #22 of 33
Some people can't read, nvm.

Would E2C be significantly better than Marshmellows or EP-630's?

Apr 15, 2009 at 4:57 PM Post #23 of 33
Whatever happened to not upgrading? Did a week make that much of a difference?

If you care about sound, mate, don't cheap out. Go big or go home. If you don't care about sound, stick with what you have.

Apr 15, 2009 at 4:59 PM Post #24 of 33
If you are referring to my suggestion, like I said in my post, I don't know what the exchange rate is...not a clue. So I based my suggestion on what most have told me to get when I said I needed a cheap pair. If $49 U.S. is more than your budget, I apologize.

Apr 15, 2009 at 5:08 PM Post #25 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by volntitan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know what the exchange rate is...not a clue.

I read this a lot, and it makes no sense to me. This is not to pick on you, volntitan, but the opportunity presented itself.

Exchange rates are not magic. You can literally type "1 dollar in egyptian money" into a google search bar and it will give you the current exchange rate. The same applies to virtually any country.

The current exchange on USD-GBP for these is
49 U.S. dollars = 32.7059138 British pounds

Factor in shipping, int'l hassles, etc. and they may not work for him. Translating currencies across borders is much more difficult than just finding an exchange rate, though finding an exchange rate is extremely easy.

Apr 15, 2009 at 5:37 PM Post #26 of 33
Sherwood...

I'll be the first to say that I am completely ignorant about how all that works. I know it comes second nature to a lot of folks, but I honestly haven't had to deal with it. Ironically my daughter has been to Europe numerous times to study, but I've never been overseas, unfortunately. In July, I'm taking a trip and will be the first time in my 40+ years to go overseas. That is a fault of mine...I wish I would have traveled more.

My response to him included the fact I don't know "pounds from dollars" but I thought I would add to his search. I'm currently searching right now and I have no idea what to get. One minute sold on one set, then another.

Like I said, forgive my ignorance. It is just something I've never had to deal with, believe it or not. Now ask me a question about American Football and I'm all over it
wink.gif

Apr 15, 2009 at 6:06 PM Post #27 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by volntitan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll be the first to say that I am completely ignorant about how all that works. ... Like I said, forgive my ignorance. It is just something I've never had to deal with, believe it or not.

No worries, Voln. As I said, I have no desire to pick on you -- you seem like a solid dude. It just seemed an opportune time to show folks how easy currency conversion is today in the age of google. It is no longer the domain of jetsetters and forex traders. Even if you don't know the name of the currency in the country you're converting to, google will make due with the word "money".

For instance, you want to buy a pair of shoes from Japan. They are 80,000 yen. Type "80,000 yen in US dollars" in google, and poof!

A buyer of your '83 Datsun wants to know how much it costs. You say "2000 dollars". He says "But I live in Nigeria". While you should say "Eff off, scammer", you could just as well type "2000 dollars in Nigerian money" into google, and poof!

Google makes this really, really easy.

No condemnation towards you, voln. You appear to have been in the wrong place at the wrong time
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 15, 2009 at 6:15 PM Post #28 of 33
No sweat...I am not so ignorant to know that I can use Google to do currency change. Done that one before. But in this case, it wasn't ignorance but laziness. Which is odd since I have been spending so much time researching which $50-$70 ish IEM's to buy that simply going to Google shouldn't have been a big deal.

Apr 16, 2009 at 8:55 PM Post #30 of 33
Talking about exchange rates, xe.com is probably the best site to do it.
And I would vote mark2410's answer as the best one because he actually answered my question. I understand that there's better headphones for money but I have an opportunity to grab Shure E2C, Marshmellows or Creative Ep-630's for +/- same amount.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back