Cheap cheap amp to start me off
Jul 24, 2008 at 2:51 AM Post #16 of 35
I think I'm gonna order a RE1 (maybe return my TF-10s since they're less than a month old) to go along with my new 8.50 amp
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 24, 2008 at 4:04 AM Post #18 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How long did it take shipping wise for you?

To NZ from DealXtreme in HK, ordered on the 14th and arrived on the 23rd.

Quote:

Originally Posted by david21 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What do you guys think about the Cmoy off of eBay? I thought those would be the best\cheapest amps around
confused.gif

I picked up a Cmoy at the same time as I picked up the FiiO thinking I would sell on the FiiO after giving it a try but to my surprise after comparing them I think I will be selling on the Cmoy.

Jul 24, 2008 at 9:05 AM Post #20 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by tadad1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I picked up a Cmoy at the same time as I picked up the FiiO thinking I would sell on the FiiO after giving it a try but to my surprise after comparing them I think I will be selling on the Cmoy.

Ok. Since DealXtreme are backordered majorily, I might as well buy it from Trademe for extra and save the hassle. Gonna buy the RE1's from Fang.

Jul 24, 2008 at 10:20 AM Post #21 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How long did it take shipping wise for you?

Ordered on 13th July - received 21 July, China to UK. Pretty fast!

Jul 24, 2008 at 5:37 PM Post #22 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm tempted to order a PA2V2. Anyone know what they sound like with UE SF5pros and Alessandro MS1s (I'll be getting a pair later on in the year)

I would also like to know how the PA2V2 works with the MS1s.
If anybody has any experience, first or second hand, I would love to hear.

Aug 19, 2008 at 10:04 PM Post #25 of 35
yeah I cant wait for mine to get here, or just to get out of payment received status at least. But yes this seems to be one of the best cheap options I have read about on here. Seems like there is PAV2, Juice's cmoy, Biosciencegeek's cmoy, penguinamps caffeine cmoy and the FiiO that fit into the best of cheap amp category, unless cheap means over $100 then there are a few other options that I cant remember because I try not to pay attention to those.

Aug 20, 2008 at 4:20 PM Post #26 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm tempted to order a PA2V2. Anyone know what they sound like with UE SF5pros and Alessandro MS1s (I'll be getting a pair later on in the year)

I've paired the MS1's and the PA2V2 with my X5 a couple years ago and found an absolute magical sound synergy. =)

Aug 20, 2008 at 4:48 PM Post #27 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by tadad1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No kidding? I would have expected the cmoy to have bested it.

Aug 20, 2008 at 10:35 PM Post #28 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by sugarroo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've paired the MS1's and the PA2V2 with my X5 a couple years ago and found an absolute magical sound synergy. =)

I ended up getting SR60s. How would that pair with the PPA2V2?

Aug 20, 2008 at 10:50 PM Post #29 of 35
itsborken i suppose it depends on the cmoy!!
had a few and some are vastly superior to others!!
damn the caffeine ultra when opened up looks nothing like a cmoy it just looks like a boutique amp built into a penguin mint tin!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back