Cheap Bluetooth receiver that can match RCA cable quality?
Nov 8, 2017 at 3:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

sinus34

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for some Bluetooth receiver that would be connected to my old home theater system.
So far I've been using RCA cable to connect and was more then satisfied with sound quality but I would like wireless mostly because it's easier to use different sources.

I've been also looking into google chromecast audio but unfortunately can't find it under 50 bucks and also I would like if I weren't limited to WiFi...
I tried some cheap eBay receiver that was like 3 bucks and sound quality was pretty bad for me and very noticeable difference from cable.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...X-Audio-Music-Adapter/301635_32777804376.html

I've been thinking about this. Would this chip be good enough?
I see some of these receivers have aptx, is that a must and something I should be looking for?
Am I just maybe deceiving myself when I think it's possible to get cable quality with these devices ? Is tech these day available to match something so simple as RCA?

Nov 8, 2017 at 9:17 PM Post #2 of 2
While I’m a bit old school Bluetooth is getting better all the time. I have no experience with Bluetooth receivers but I don’t think a $3 one is going to beat a lined connection . The one you mentioned might be fine don’t know just a bit apprehensive of the claim virtual stereo sound and pure sound quality and a graph that falls off like a rock after 100 hz and relatively flat but ever increasing to the high side. I love Bluetooth in my car as we don’t have any good stations in Louisville and the sound is probably better than FM and definitely better than XM but not better than plugging a card in to the car or over usb. Not by a whole lot as my car won’t do anything other than mp3’s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back