Cheap balanced cable for Audeze and Hifiman
May 29, 2014 at 10:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

turo91

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,
i need two cheap balanced cables terminated with two XLR 3 pin connector to connect mine Audeze LCDX and Hifiman HE500 to 2  Questyle CMA800R in dual mono.
I need a 3 meter long cables.
Some advice?

Jun 2, 2014 at 5:43 AM Post #2 of 12
DIY might be the most economical choice.

Cheers

Jun 2, 2014 at 1:22 PM Post #5 of 12
Hi,
i need two cheap balanced cables terminated with two XLR 3 pin connector to connect mine Audeze LCDX and Hifiman HE500 to 2  Questyle CMA800R in dual mono.
I need a 3 meter long cables.
Some advice?

You need a pair of 3pin male xlr to 3 pin female mini xlr?
Please clarify what you need plugging in from what to what. Then we can better help you find appropriate cables.
Cheers

Jun 2, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #7 of 12
I need two 3 meter long hedphone's cable with 2 x xlr 3 poles(one for hifiman and one for audeze),for interconnections i already have a pair of Snake audio river balanced cables that i use between exasound E22 and the two CMA800R in mono mode. 
The original Audeze cable is too short and for the hifiman i don't have a balanced cable so i prefer to buy one already with two balanced connector and don't use adapter.

Jun 3, 2014 at 12:00 AM Post #8 of 12
I need two 3 meter long hedphone's cable with 2 x xlr 3 poles(one for hifiman and one for audeze),for interconnections i already have a pair of Snake audio river balanced cables that i use between exasound E22 and the two CMA800R in mono mode. 
The original Audeze cable is too short and for the hifiman i don't have a balanced cable so i prefer to buy one already with two balanced connector and don't use adapter.

What kind of termination at the headphones? Female mini xlr?

Cheers

Jun 3, 2014 at 6:16 AM Post #10 of 12

So what do you advice?

do your research.

there are a few headphone cables makers here that would be able to make such cables (I'm pretty sure you might already have received PMs from one or two). unless you can DIY the cables yourself, the best thing is to send them a PM asking exactly what you need.

Personally I'd go with WyWires cable. It's not cheap, but it has a good return policy in case you're not satisfied. bear in mind they're in the US, so on top of shipping you've to pay import tax.

Toxic Cables is in the UK, and has a good record for quality/performance.

Forza Audio Works is also in Europe, and makes good quality more affordable cables.

I don't really know of cheaper cables. someone else may help you with that.

Jun 3, 2014 at 10:41 PM Post #11 of 12
If you want cheap cable, maybe you can try eBay.
I think I saw some sellers using the stock Mogami / Canare cables to custom-made the Audeze cable.
Not sure about Hifiman as Audeze uses mini-XLR plugs which are plentiful and doesn't cost a bomb like HD800 plugs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back