Cheap and comfortable 2 pin cable?
Feb 21, 2019 at 4:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

dwang040

Head-Fier
I was just wondering if there were any low priced comfortable 2 pin cables? The cable I currently have use that thin bendable wire, but I can never seem to get it just right or it just bends out of shape if I put it in a hoodie pocket or something. A lot of cables that I'm looking at online (Alo audio, nocturnal audio, weston epic, etc) all seem to use the same method. Is there anything that's like a memory foam? Owned a pair of rha ma750, thought those were pretty comfortable, but can't find anything like that ear mold cable stuff.

Thanks

Feb 21, 2019 at 6:36 AM Post #2 of 9
I was just wondering if there were any low priced comfortable 2 pin cables? The cable I currently have use that thin bendable wire, but I can never seem to get it just right or it just bends out of shape if I put it in a hoodie pocket or something. A lot of cables that I'm looking at online (Alo audio, nocturnal audio, weston epic, etc) all seem to use the same method. Is there anything that's like a memory foam? Owned a pair of rha ma750, thought those were pretty comfortable, but can't find anything like that ear mold cable stuff.

Thanks

What do you consider low priced? Linum cables are really thin (you pretty much forget that your IEMs even have a cable attached) and wrap around your ear without any memory wire. One downside though is that they’re really prone to tangling...

Feb 21, 2019 at 6:42 AM Post #3 of 9
What do you consider low priced? Linum cables are really thin (you pretty much forget that your IEMs even have a cable attached) and wrap around your ear without any memory wire. One downside though is that they’re really prone to tangling...

Personally, I'd like to keep it between $50-$100, however, I have seen cables range $150 and higher. Im personally not into the whole high end cable stuff so when it starts going down to wire compounds and what not, I probably won't pay more for those things.

Maybe it's because the iems I'm using are just some cheapo temp ones with a very cheap cable, and that's why they're uncomfortable. Idk tbh, all I can say is that I haven't had any sorts of ear irratation with the rha where as after a hour or so, the current ones (kz) do get annoying and my ears get sore.

Feb 21, 2019 at 8:20 PM Post #4 of 9

Thanks

I looked at the Effect Audio Origin cable this past weekend. It's very thin and flexible, but no memory foam and no memory wire. It't priced at US$89

Feb 22, 2019 at 2:04 PM Post #6 of 9
Personally, I'd like to keep it between $50-$100, however, I have seen cables range $150 and higher. Im personally not into the whole high end cable stuff so when it starts going down to wire compounds and what not, I probably won't pay more for those things.

Maybe it's because the iems I'm using are just some cheapo temp ones with a very cheap cable, and that's why they're uncomfortable. Idk tbh, all I can say is that I haven't had any sorts of ear irratation with the rha where as after a hour or so, the current ones (kz) do get annoying and my ears get sore.

While over at the Westone site, I found these silicon cable guides

https://www.westone.com/store/music/index.php/accessories/cables/cable-ear-guides

Feb 22, 2019 at 2:21 PM Post #8 of 9
Thanks! That might actually work out better. I wasn't able to find any info for the effect audio origin, I found other cables they made but were all in the 100+ price range.

It was tough for me to find on the site as well since it's hidden under the upgrade section, here's a link at Effect Audio:

https://www.effectaudio.com/origin-trade-in.html

And a link to it at MusicTeck:

https://musicteck.myshopify.com/col...ts/effect-audio-origin?variant=18624271581246

If you trade in a stock cable, the price is $50; but you can buy it without an upgrade for $89

Users who are viewing this thread

Back