Cheap Amps.Cant Spend Much. What Should I Buy?
Jan 3, 2014 at 11:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Mr calvin

Caution: Bad Trader!!
Hey guys! I have a pair of He-300, Hd650, m-80, and sel40. My current amp is a Fiio e11. Being 16 and buying all of this on my own, I am looking for a desktop amp. My max is 120. No more. I'm not opposed to buying used either. So far I have narrowed it to
Fiio--e90k
Bravo Audio Ocean
Little Dot 1
Schiit Magni
Schiit Vali

I'm not an expert on amps but I get the just of it and I know that my hd650 in particular would benefit from a better amp. Any opinions? Could you also give sound sig with your suggestion?

Jan 4, 2014 at 1:29 AM Post #2 of 5
well, first off, I recommend that you don't get the Fiio, its doesn't do the 650 much justice.
out of the ones you listed, I say go for the little dot.
not really in your budget but try out the Graham Slee Solo SRG2 or the Ultra Linear, they are excellent with the HD650

Jan 4, 2014 at 3:13 PM Post #3 of 5
Try the Objective2 Headphone Amp from JDS Labs. Its only $130 is a bargain for its price point. Really though, I'd recommend saving a bit more to get a DAC for your computer or a DAC+AMP combo. That will really improve the quality of your music, imo, in a far greater way than just an amp. 

Jan 4, 2014 at 3:35 PM Post #4 of 5
Try the Objective2 Headphone Amp from JDS Labs. Its only $130 is a bargain for its price point. Really though, I'd recommend saving a bit more to get a DAC for your computer or a DAC+AMP combo. That will really improve the quality of your music, imo, in a far greater way than just an amp. 

Thanks for the suggestion. I should already say that I have a Xonar stx card. So at the moment I have a adequate DAC. I'm kinda looking just for an amp.

Jan 4, 2014 at 3:38 PM Post #5 of 5
Then the original O2 should serve you quite well :). Another option, a bit more expensive at $170, is the HiFiMan EF2A Vacuum tube amp. Its very pleasing to the eye and from what I've read has a nice sound signature. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back