CHAZZ K-1000 amp
Apr 26, 2004 at 6:00 AM Post #2 of 32
yammy, thanks for the link! What a nice looking little amp. The reviewer mentions that it now comes with an option of having a black transfomer cover, which I think would improve the looks even more. My biggest concern would be in getting enough gain for the K1000's since I like to listen at fairly loud levels. It seems that only the Svetlana KT88's gave him any headroom at all with the K1000's.

Apr 26, 2004 at 6:06 AM Post #3 of 32
Looks interesting, OK who's gonna take one for the team?
biggrin.gif

Apr 26, 2004 at 6:10 AM Post #5 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
It's been mention a couple times, but no one had bought it and reviewed it here as far as I've seen.

Well, now's your chance to try it out, it's supposed to be good with the K1000s!
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 26, 2004 at 6:29 AM Post #6 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by gpalmer
Well, now's your chance to try it out, it's supposed to be good with the K1000s!
evil_smiley.gif

*chants* ed ed ed ed ed ed........
biggrin.gif

It seems like a versatile amp. Too bad I'm set with amplification.

Apr 26, 2004 at 7:09 AM Post #8 of 32
The Maestro won't power K1000s though and you won't have as much fun tuberolling
biggrin.gif

Apr 26, 2004 at 2:45 PM Post #10 of 32
i have one and it has been assembled for a week now, sitting here without driver and rectifier tubes as they were mistakenly not packed. brian cherry (of diyhifi) is now back from vacation, so i hope to get these within the week, at which time a full review will come. also, at least one other member has ordered one, as they approached me a few days ago with some questions.

Apr 26, 2004 at 6:25 PM Post #12 of 32
Man, the $85-$125 shipping charge kills it for me. I would've gone for it, but fully 1/4 the cost is the cost of drop shipping from Hong Kong.

Maybe when someone stocks the Chazz kit in the US, I may pull the trigger.

Looks like a fun kit. There is plenty of room underneath the hood for organizing the wiring nicely.

A maxed out kit costs $1,012.00 USD.
A maxed out preassembled and tested one is $1,212.00 USD.

Something tells me the kit will come with just a schematic, and no step by step for n00bs.

-Ed

Apr 26, 2004 at 6:29 PM Post #13 of 32
Quote:

Direct Payment by Credit Card

We now accept credit cards direct. Visa and Mastercard are welcome for both store and internet mail purchases. We accept credit cards on >100USD purchases. To safeguard both sides in the transaction, a copy of photo ID and both sides of the credit card are required and a sales authorization signed. A link for a form for this purpose is here. After completing, fax. This takes away a little of the convenience in exchange for reduced possibilities of a stolen or unauthorized card being used.

OK, now THIS is the real deal killer for me. Fax a copy of a photo ID and my credit card. Yeaaaaaaah, right.
rolleyes.gif

-Ed

Apr 26, 2004 at 6:33 PM Post #14 of 32
LOL, but you seem to be getting closer and closer...

Ed... Ed... Ed... Ed... Ed...

Just a little encouragment!
biggrin.gif

But seriously, think of it this way, once you hear this Gilmore Balanced you're going to need your pennies for a new amp...
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 26, 2004 at 6:36 PM Post #15 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood

Something tells me the kit will come with just a schematic, and no step by step for n00bs.

-Ed

Quote:

Originally Posted by DIYHIFISUPPLY.COM
Any of these kits can be constructed by someone with basic soldering skills. Detailed diagrams, photos and step-by-step instructions are provided for each kit. The circuits are simple so there is less to go wrong and the chassis are roomy enough to make building the kit easier. They can all be configured by the user to run on 110, 120, 220, 230 or 240 volt operation.

I stand corrected.

-Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back