chat room?
Aug 10, 2008 at 4:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 54

Ub3rMario

500+ Head-Fier
I think head-fi should have one! Often times i want to ask questions and get an immediate response or give responses to people right when they ask to save them time. I think it woudl be cool or even just an irc channel.

PS: If there is already one i'm sorry ahha. I looked around the site and couldn't find one.

Aug 10, 2008 at 4:50 PM Post #2 of 54
There's no longer an official one I believe, but there are a few fan-made channels. Apparently there was too much uh... foul-mouthiness.

Aug 10, 2008 at 4:53 PM Post #3 of 54
what might their names be?

Aug 10, 2008 at 4:54 PM Post #4 of 54
Don't know, you can do a search in the lounge. Not sure if they're still active or not.

Aug 10, 2008 at 5:11 PM Post #5 of 54
darn, why did they remove an official one? They could just add an on-site irc applet to make things easier.

Aug 10, 2008 at 5:23 PM Post #6 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ub3rMario /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They could just add an on-site irc applet to make things easier.

That could create a lot of load and traffic to the server. I have seen forum went down because too many posts were made too fast on that kind of on-site channel.

Aug 10, 2008 at 5:27 PM Post #7 of 54
Hmm i didn't think about that, but wouldn't it be the same even if it wasn't an applet and the irc server was still the same server as the web site?

Aug 10, 2008 at 5:28 PM Post #8 of 54
Quote:

darn, why did they remove an official one?

It seemed headphone fanatics weren't exactly the best conversationalists.

Aug 10, 2008 at 5:38 PM Post #9 of 54
It's easier to maintain order in the forums. Although this spesific subforum is an exception to the rule.

Aug 10, 2008 at 5:39 PM Post #10 of 54
Quote:

It seemed headphone fanatics weren't exactly the best conversationalists.

haha i bet it was like:
"burn in exists!"
"NO IT DOESN'T NO PROOF"
"yes"
"no"
*rabble rabble rabble*

lol

Aug 10, 2008 at 6:01 PM Post #11 of 54
Quote:

haha i bet it was like:
"burn in exists!"
"NO IT DOESN'T NO PROOF"
"yes"
"no"
*rabble rabble rabble*

lol

deadhorse.gif
indeed.

I would be interested, seems like a good idea.

Aug 10, 2008 at 6:16 PM Post #12 of 54
Not a good idea. I participate in other headphone chat rooms and all it takes is more than 5-6 people in one room, with one idiot in the mix, and it's garbage. Add 10+ folks, even with no idiots, and it's still chaos, with multiple conversations and mucho nonsense. With the membership numbers on this site, I could only predict a waste of time.

Aug 10, 2008 at 6:21 PM Post #13 of 54
*sigh* just thought it would be a faster way to get in and get out with answers and buy/sell inquiries. Oh well.

Aug 10, 2008 at 6:22 PM Post #14 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not a good idea. I participate in other headphone chat rooms and all it takes is more than 5-6 people in one room, with one idiot in the mix, and it's garbage. Add 10+ folks, even with no idiots, and it's still chaos, with multiple conversations and mucho nonsense. With the membership numbers on this site, I could only predict a waste of time.

I have read many of your (recent) posts and my signature seems to apply to you. Your comments may be right, insightful, and even useful, but they are no phun.

Aug 10, 2008 at 6:50 PM Post #15 of 54
I am with 'boomana'.
This forum have 73,500 members. Even if just a small percentage of the members became active in the chat room it will be a crowded place. With multiple ongoing discussions, leading to a mess.

In my opinion we are much better off using the forum, with its dedicated sub-forums and threads.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back