Charlotte, NC Meet: April 19th 2014
Feb 8, 2014 at 9:31 AM Post #166 of 530
I may be getting a pair of Shure's to bring along.  I see one pair of 840s, but I'm thinking on the 940s.  They'll be replacing the Beyer's so I may wait until then to sell them/give them away :wink:.

Feb 9, 2014 at 6:39 PM Post #168 of 530
Electricity.................there are 10 double outlets on three walls, the fourth wall has no outlets because it's a movable partition. with power strips and extension cords we'll
be in great shape. Also, there is a large double door at one end of the room that leads directly outside. It will make for easy unloading.

Feb 9, 2014 at 10:55 PM Post #169 of 530
Wow, this has really taken off since I was last here. I can confirm the Little Dot MKII that I mentioned earlier. Also, my 'guest' will be bringing senn 558s and a hifiman ef-2a.

Feb 9, 2014 at 11:20 PM Post #170 of 530
Ooh, forgot to mention: I'm going to be switching out my JDS C5 for a Fiio E18 soon. I just got a Google nexus 5 so I need a dac but don't have the budget to get a dedicated dac and stay with the c5. Look for a classified in the next few days.

Feb 10, 2014 at 12:07 AM Post #171 of 530
Ooh, forgot to mention: I'm going to be switching out my JDS C5 for a Fiio E18 soon. I just got a Google nexus 5 so I need a dac but don't have the budget to get a dedicated dac and stay with the c5. Look for a classified in the next few days.

Why no hit up John at JDS and see about getting a C5D? I'd love to hear teh C5D :D 

Feb 10, 2014 at 3:25 PM Post #173 of 530
To update my original post I will be bringing my HE-500's along with my LaFigaro 339 with a HRT II+ =)

I brought that exact same setup to the jan 2013 meet in Charlotte right before I sold it. I'll certainly be thrilled to hear it again for the sake of nostalgia!

If it isn't sold by the time of the meet, I will also bring my Violectric V800 DAC. Those that hear it and are interested may buy it at a reduced price from the current classified ad :)

Feb 10, 2014 at 4:08 PM Post #174 of 530
I brought that exact same setup to the jan 2013 meet in Charlotte right before I sold it. I'll certainly be thrilled to hear it again for the sake of nostalgia!

If it isn't sold by the time of the meet, I will also bring my Violectric V800 DAC. Those that hear it and are interested may buy it at a reduced price from the current classified ad
smily_headphones1.gif

It will also be interesting to meet the person I bought those HD800's from.  Shame I had to sell them again awhile back though.  Looking forward to hearing them again on my current setup from the other person who is bringing them.

Feb 10, 2014 at 4:14 PM Post #175 of 530
It will also be interesting to meet the person I bought those HD800's from.  Shame I had to sell them again awhile back though.  Looking forward to hearing them again on my current setup from the other person who is bringing them.

Oh yeah! Geez talk about a small world.

I bet they sound great with the Anedio D1 as your DAC

Feb 10, 2014 at 4:23 PM Post #176 of 530
Oh yeah! Geez talk about a small world.

I bet they sound great with the Anedio D1 as your DAC

Well, the K712 sounds pretty impressive in it's own right with it, so that's why I look forward to hearing some others.  I got a great deal on the Anedio also, $600 shipped.  I'm still looking at the HE-560 but it's up in the air if they will start shipping before the meet or not.

Feb 10, 2014 at 8:36 PM Post #177 of 530
Electricity.................there are 10 double outlets on three walls, the fourth wall has no outlets because it's a movable partition. with power strips and extension cords we'll
be in great shape. Also, there is a large double door at one end of the room that leads directly outside. It will make for easy unloading.

I should have mentioned the door in on the RT77 side,. around back. It will be open or at least unlocked. There is a ramp so you can back-up right to the door.

Feb 10, 2014 at 8:38 PM Post #178 of 530
I'm actually very curious to hear the AKG712.  Never got a chance to try out the 701, 702, etc.  I tried a pair of K272s a week or so ago and liked the signature, so I'm very curious to see what I think of it overall.

Feb 10, 2014 at 11:55 PM Post #180 of 530
  I've been following the AKG K812 thread. Really hoping someone brings a pair.

I was considering buying one but It's just hard for me to justify at $1500.  Though it is more tempting with the positive impressions as of late.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back