Charlotte, NC Meet: April 19th 2014
Jan 25, 2014 at 8:49 AM Post #106 of 530
  It's a maybe for me. I'd certainly like to be there. I've sold most of my gear to buy the new hifiman due out in March. Hopefully I'll be able to show up with one.

Current gear is:

hd650
md 3.2
Vali 
uberfrost

I could bring my restored vintage Pioneer sx1280 for those who'd like to really experience how good these old receivers pair with planar hp's.

Yes! If you are willing to do the heavy lifting, please bring your big Pioneer! Who did your restoration, if I may ask? I need work on my Marantz 2275.

Jan 25, 2014 at 8:58 AM Post #107 of 530
Terry Dewick out of Knoxville TN. While he is very good, I'll warn you that his repair time runs about 60 days. If you want more details just pm me. 

It's been a while since I was at the Atlanta meet. I hope that I'm able to make this one. And yes, I'll do the heavy lifting for the Pioneer so that others can hear the wonderful "old steel." There was a member, Moodyrn, who brought a restored Sansui 9090 to the Atlanta and that's where I first got my interest. Anyway, I'm powerfully muscled and athletic so that 70 pound receiver is nothing for me. 
tongue.gif

Jan 25, 2014 at 9:30 AM Post #108 of 530
  It's a maybe for me. I'd certainly like to be there. I've sold most of my gear to buy the new hifiman due out in March. Hopefully I'll be able to show up with one.

Current gear is:

hd650
md 3.2
Vali 
uberfrost

I could bring my restored vintage Pioneer sx1280 for those who'd like to really experience how good these old receivers pair with planar hp's.

I'd love to get a chance to meet you in person! 

And I'm looking forward to hearing the HD 650, as well as the MD 3.2 again 

Jan 25, 2014 at 9:54 AM Post #109 of 530
  Terry Dewick out of Knoxville TN. While he is very good, I'll warn you that his repair time runs about 60 days. If you want more details just pm me. 

It's been a while since I was at the Atlanta meet. I hope that I'm able to make this one. And yes, I'll do the heavy lifting for the Pioneer so that others can hear the wonderful "old steel." There was a member, Moodyrn, who brought a restored Sansui 9090 to the Atlanta and that's where I first got my interest. Anyway, I'm powerfully muscled and athletic so that 70 pound receiver is nothing for me. 
tongue.gif

Thanks MattTCG! Are you in Augusta or Atlanta area? I'm in Greenville, SC.

Terry is who I was planning on. I haven't used him before but it's close enough I can drive up and drop it off. 

I had a 9090db at one point but didn't think I could justify it just for headphones (wish I had it back, of course). It was so heavy it was dangerous.  To me it has a warm, dark sound like Marantz. The only vintage Pioneer I've heard with headphones was one of the lower-end models, so I'd love to hear your monster if you are up for bringing it.

Jan 25, 2014 at 1:58 PM Post #112 of 530

Current gear is:

hd650
md 3.2
Vali 
uberfrost

We'd love to have you.  Also I'm planning on snatching up the HE-560 myself as well.  Hoping they're released in time for the meet.

Jan 25, 2014 at 6:51 PM Post #113 of 530
Also, is anyone else interested in trying out this little gadget?

I might pick one up before the meet.  For $119 it has me curious.

Jan 25, 2014 at 11:13 PM Post #116 of 530
  Please do! I am curious to hear it.

This is gonna be a great meet!

Sounds good.  I thought about it since 2 of the people coming posted in that thread also and it caught my curiosity after reading Tyll's comments.  And if it doesn't blow my mind I figure it could still make a nice little compact portable amp.

Jan 26, 2014 at 7:54 AM Post #117 of 530
  Sounds good.  I thought about it since 2 of the people coming posted in that thread also and it caught my curiosity after reading Tyll's comments.  And if it doesn't blow my mind I figure it could still make a nice little compact portable amp.

I'd like to hear it as well thank you :D 

Jan 26, 2014 at 8:27 AM Post #119 of 530
I'm using the balanced inputs. You only get half power if you don't. However, I use the stock cable on my HD800's which means I'm using the single ended outputs.

Balanced into the amp, and then are u using the SE output on the headphone, or are you using the Balanced out. Or do you have the stock HD800 cable reterminated to Xlr's plugged into the balanced out 

Jan 26, 2014 at 9:14 AM Post #120 of 530
  Balanced into the amp, and then are u using the SE output on the headphone, or are you using the Balanced out. Or do you have the stock HD800 cable reterminated to Xlr's plugged into the balanced out 

Stock cable, SE out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back