Charleston Cable Company Headphone Cables and Interconnects
Dec 30, 2016 at 10:31 AM Post #46 of 57
Just wanted to give another thumbs up to Chris and Charleston Cable Company! Just Recived my Sennheiser HD650 cable today and I must say the quality is top notch. I was thinking about going the DIY route, but I've been away from the soldering iron for a while and trying to make a nice cable isn't what you want to practice with. The responses form Chris were very fast ( on Christmas Eve to boot!) and he was great to deal with. Can't wait to get some good listening time in with my HD650!

Jan 1, 2017 at 9:50 AM Post #47 of 57
Just wanted to give another thumbs up to Chris and Charleston Cable Company! Just Recived my Sennheiser HD650 cable today and I must say the quality is top notch. I was thinking about going the DIY route, but I've been away from the soldering iron for a while and trying to make a nice cable isn't what you want to practice with. The responses form Chris were very fast ( on Christmas Eve to boot!) and he was great to deal with. Can't wait to get some good listening time in with my HD650!

Glad you are enjoying it!  Any pictures of the cable?

Jan 1, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #48 of 57
No sorry no good pics yet.. I just have a crappy cellphone camera and they don't come out that well. Also, I've never posted any pics here before so ide have to play around w/ it to figure it out. Maybe if I can borrow my dad's nice digital camera I'll be able to post pics.

Jan 13, 2017 at 2:50 PM Post #49 of 57
Another satisfied customer of C3 Audio...and then some.  I recently traded out my Audeze pre-fazor LCD-2 for a 2016 Audeze XC since I needed a closed phone.  However, the XC had overly bright, harsh treble that took away clarity and distorted many recordings.  I tried swapping the standard pads with Vegan pads, also tried some dampening materials.  Mild improvements but not solutions. I was on the verge of selling when C3 cable was recommended to me here on Head-Fi.

I purchased a C3 Cardas cable and instantly, the XC's sounded like the premium headphone they are.  They are still a bit bright (Which I expected from the 2016 model vs the pre fazor) but no longer harsh and are now extremely detailed with excellent clarity.  In short, they are very enjoyable to listen to now.  The improvement was so dramatic and the change in sound - so night and day, I questioned if my stock cable was faulty.  I was so impressed with the sound, I decided to get another cable from C3.

I got a UPOCC cable for my Senn HD800S.  This is the 2nd cable upgrade I tried for the Senns.  The first was a Double Helix OCC copper cable.  It is lightweight and doesn't kink like the stock cable is prone to do, but the sound is similar to the stock cable.  Different story with the C3 UPOCC cable. My HD800S already sounded great but they've gone to another level.  Details are even more micro.  The clarity is just ridiculous and the sound seems more full.  It's endgame for me.

C3's cables are no frills and pretty basic to look at but the quality is fantastic and for the price, they provide better value than I've seen anywhere.  Sound trumps all for me and C3 Cable delivers in a big way.  Throw in the fast, friendly and responsive service from Chris Lacour and you have a combination that's hard to beat.  I highly recommend C3 cables.

Feb 16, 2017 at 9:14 PM Post #50 of 57
I just received my 
Sennheiser HD 650/600 Headphone Cable -- CANARE
Length: 6'
Sleeving: Standard Jacket
Connector: 4 Pin XLR

to replace a set of ZY's that failed after a week. 

Beside's Chris's awesome customer service, the cable is beautifully constructed, and sounds amazing. It literally erased the veil, opened up the bass, even tamed the treble. I am blown away. Makes the other cable sound and look like a coat hanger.

Highly recommended.

Feb 18, 2017 at 10:34 PM Post #51 of 57
Went to C3 Audio could not find any contact info.. Anyone have a email address....

Thx

Anyone have any experience of C3 Audio cables and Stefan Audio Art cables....Just wondering how they measure up to one another..

Feb 19, 2017 at 9:45 PM Post #53 of 57
Has anyone actually heard the different cables? I'm wondering how much of a difference is there in the three cables. I'm currently looking at the Cardas (mid-level) cables, and wondered if it's worth saving up a bit more for the UPOCC cable.

Feb 20, 2017 at 8:40 AM Post #54 of 57
  Has anyone actually heard the different cables? I'm wondering how much of a difference is there in the three cables. I'm currently looking at the Cardas (mid-level) cables, and wondered if it's worth saving up a bit more for the UPOCC cable.

I have the Cardas for my Audeze XC and the UPOCC for my Senn 800S.  The Cardas is more of a "warm" upgrade whereas the UPOCC is more of a neutral upgrade.  Both sound great and more than subtly improved the sound of both headphones.

I thought the treble was too hot which was negatively impacting the clarity on my XC's.  The Cardas cable has worked very well to take the edge off the treble and add resolution.  The UPOCC for my 800S improved clarity and resolution but didn't significantly impact the sound signature overall.

I'd probably save for the UPOCC if you already love the sound signature of your current headphones.  The Cardas would be a great choice to add some warmth, if that's what you are looking for.

Feb 20, 2017 at 11:41 PM Post #55 of 57
  I have the Cardas for my Audeze XC and the UPOCC for my Senn 800S.  The Cardas is more of a "warm" upgrade whereas the UPOCC is more of a neutral upgrade.  Both sound great and more than subtly improved the sound of both headphones.

I thought the treble was too hot which was negatively impacting the clarity on my XC's.  The Cardas cable has worked very well to take the edge off the treble and add resolution.  The UPOCC for my 800S improved clarity and resolution but didn't significantly impact the sound signature overall.

I'd probably save for the UPOCC if you already love the sound signature of your current headphones.  The Cardas would be a great choice to add some warmth, if that's what you are looking for.

Thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for. I'm running the Audeze EL-8O (2016 revision), which, supposedly, has a good deal of the LCD-2 characteristics with a lower price/more comfort. I tried the LCD-2's with the stock cable and they didn't sound different enough for me to buy those over the EL-8. I've heard the XC has more pronounced treble as is, so, maybe the UPOCC may be more appropriate since I don't have any complaints about the sound signature, and the EL-8's sound decently warm as it is..

So, it seems like the UPOCC offers a more clean sound to you?

Feb 21, 2017 at 10:32 AM Post #56 of 57
  So, it seems like the UPOCC offers a more clean sound to you?

Yes.  The Charleston Cable Company UPOCC is the 2nd cable I tried for my Senn 800S.  The first was an entry level Double Helix OCC cable.  I found it to be pretty comparable to the stock cable.  The Charleston Cable Company UPOCC cable was a clear improvement.  The sound signature is still the same, but it's just more clear, more natural, better separation.... Just better across the board.  Not dramatic but easily noticeable.

Sep 23, 2017 at 1:12 PM Post #57 of 57
I just received up a used UPOCC cable from C3 Audio for my LCD-2 Rev. 2.2 Pre-fazor headphone.
I was a disbeliever when it came to believing that cable upgrades had any effect on audio quality.
I have been proven wrong, and I'm glad! Superb build quality on top of improved detail in the mid-range, bass and treble. Even the soundstage has been widened!

I highly recommend picking up a cable from C3 Audio.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back