Channel Island Audio's "Balanced" VHP2/VAC^2 and Strange Balanced Systems
Sep 7, 2007 at 11:54 AM Post #16 of 30
Keep those spontaneous ideas coming, Iron_Dreamer...only thing that got annihilated was my previous single ended gears
evil_smiley.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I gotta be more careful about opening my mouth...wallet annihilation seems to ensue
evil_smiley.gif

Sep 8, 2007 at 4:04 AM Post #17 of 30
Very nice SK! I have listened to the single ended version of the CI headphone amp w/ the dedicated PSU and it is a very nice sounding amp. I will try to listen to it again soon. Maybe I should not since I do not need a balance anything!
blink.gif

Sep 8, 2007 at 7:34 AM Post #18 of 30
wait a sec. If what you did is possible, then we can just use any balanced dac, split the each channel balanced connection out to 0 and 180 degrees and use 2 single ended amp, say Dynahi and BAM instant Dynamight?

Sep 8, 2007 at 7:36 AM Post #19 of 30
BINGO !!!
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by chesebert /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wait a sec. If what you did is possible, then we can just use any balanced dac, split the each channel balanced connection out to 0 and 180 degrees and use 2 single ended amp, say Dynahi and BAM instant Dynamight?

Sep 8, 2007 at 7:45 AM Post #20 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by SK138 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BINGO !!!
biggrin.gif

uh..I just had some very sickening thoughts about possible future purchases.......damn you!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 8, 2007 at 7:45 AM Post #21 of 30
Nice! You should post those pics on Dusty's forum over at AudioCircle.

Glad to know that I'm only a VHP2/VAC1 away from a balanced CIAudio setup. Too bad I traded away my balanced Silver Dragon without ever getting a chance to use it.

Sep 8, 2007 at 8:01 AM Post #22 of 30
Hi socrates..thank you. I took your advice, plus others here, and posted my setup at Dusty's forum
wink.gif

Why don't you hone on your Ninja upgrade skills? This upgrade is truly worth it
evil_smiley.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by socrates63 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice! You should post those pics on Dusty's forum over at AudioCircle.

Glad to know that I'm only a VHP2/VAC1 away from a balanced CIAudio setup. Too bad I traded away my balanced Silver Dragon without ever getting a chance to use it.

Sep 9, 2007 at 3:28 AM Post #23 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by chesebert /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The only problem I see is in parts matching between the different amps, but that might not be an issue depending on your luck.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 9, 2007 at 4:16 AM Post #24 of 30
Absolutely true. I considered relatively simple design with least amount of parts inside the amp for best possible matching the two amps. My other choice would have been two Headamp's Gilmore Lite with DPS.

Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The only problem I see is in parts matching between the different amps, but that might not be an issue depending on your luck.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 9, 2007 at 5:44 AM Post #26 of 30
Doh!!! I stopped counting long time ago. I just ask my wife (and accountant) for forgiveness
evil_smiley.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
incredible set up man.. 2,400+ well spent..
k1000smile.gif

Oct 23, 2007 at 7:04 PM Post #28 of 30
My on going saga and obsession for "cheap" balanced system has lead me to another strange yet wonderful balanced system
wink.gif
First of all, I like to thank Bazile for loaning me his two Lunchbox II amps (with stock tubes) for my yet another balanced system sampling.

Wow
basshead.gif
(more impression to follow)

For now...here is some pictures...

7e4e2582rf7.jpg

7e4e2580kq6.jpg

Oct 23, 2007 at 7:41 PM Post #29 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by SK138 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My on going saga and obsession for "cheap" balanced system has lead me to another strange yet wonderful balanced system
wink.gif
First of all, I like to thank Bazile for loaning me his two Lunchbox II amps (with stock tubes) for my yet another balanced system sampling.

Wow
basshead.gif
(more impression to follow)

For now...here is some pictures...

7e4e2582rf7.jpg

7e4e2580kq6.jpg

Very very nice.
600smile.gif
600smile.gif
600smile.gif
600smile.gif

Oct 23, 2007 at 8:04 PM Post #30 of 30
Balanced tube amps are definately something special. I've always liked the look of those lunch box amps. Nice work.
340smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back