Changing color of ety ER6i's?
Jun 6, 2005 at 4:59 AM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by BowerR64
been there done that, what color you want?
eggosmile.gif

And your method, sir?

Jun 6, 2005 at 6:32 AM Post #17 of 20
Nice mod, BowerR64! I might just do the same thing soon if I can get some red and blue tape, and make barrel grips to remove them more easily. I'll use cheap electrical tape to mask the cables and make them black. They'll look like ER4's, but who gets more attention with those in your ears?

biggrin.gif
Abe

Jun 6, 2005 at 10:16 AM Post #18 of 20
Its not tape, hobbie lobby or walmart sell these balloons called sculpture balloons in a bag for like $1.50 just pick a color and cut a little section. These are the long string looking balloons clowns use to make little dogs and stuff at carnivals. The clear tubes in the pictures are the stock clear rubber jackets. I took those off on mine and slipped the colored ones over the housing. It was pretty simple. Tape is cheesy, i wouldnt use tape. It would get all sticky and gooey

The tips are the stock tripple flange tips with the little and big flange cut off with an exacto blade. Again, kinda of an easy mod. The little ones didnt do anything but jam down into my ear canal, the large flange just got in the way, so i just cut those 2 out.

Jun 6, 2005 at 10:24 AM Post #19 of 20
Thanks for the clarification, I'll keep that info in mind.
biggrin.gif
Abe

Jun 6, 2005 at 10:26 AM Post #20 of 20
They also fit the shure E3s
etysmile.gif

attachment.php

The one thing with the balloons is you can use pink or yellow or somthing and make em look kinda cheesy. Covers the "shure" logo, and protects the stock shell. If they get all grimy or fall into a bucket of paint replace the trojan lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back