Change my Sennheiser HD 650
Nov 12, 2017 at 6:34 AM Post #31 of 40
if you build something or fix something i understand, but if you buy something that you like i don't

It just means they'll gladly talk up the product to anybody looking to buy that kind of product. I tell people I'm very happy with Crumpler and Timbuk2 because none of them have fallen apart on me, even with the lining on Timbuk2 breaking up over time (still otherwise usable so I use it to haul groceries - see, there, I just showed how that translates to behaviour by promoting Timbuk2).

You don't need to dissect it. If you want to go into the sociology of it, and more aptly the negative aspects of it, look no further than people posting pics of their new Lamborghinis on Instagram (instead of posting about having made it through, say, a BMW driving/riding course first to be sure they can actually drive that kind of thing properly), and to some, the stuff they buy regardless of what it is is kind of like that.

In any case it's not totally "pride" in having the skills to build it. It can also be pride in having worked hard to have the money to buy something. And then there's somebody who can make a few hundred thousand just by spending a few minutes on Instagram, but hey, work smart, not hard I guess.

Nov 12, 2017 at 6:26 PM Post #32 of 40
I agree. In my case it was just "happy to have one because I had a hard time to find great headphones for me without a great knowledge". I was student when I bought it last year and I cannot spend money for a "mmmh not that bass" or "mmmmh the trebles are a little too bright...". HD 650 fitted most of what I wanted.
To come back to the subject, proud or not :laughing:, is a HD 800 (S?) worth it for my needs ? In a first time I'll take the X7 in all cases.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2017 at 7:06 PM Post #33 of 40
I'm a proud owner of my K712.

I did a metric screw tonne of research on them, the history of AKG and other AKG products for months before buying them. I watched countless videos and read countless reviews with lots of patience and collated all that data into an informed buying decision and with all my hard earned money when I finally got them it all paid off.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with being proud of something you spent so long to get especially when there's hundreds of other products like it which makes it a lot more difficult, in the end you make the right decision and you SHOULD be proud that you did.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2017 at 9:14 PM Post #35 of 40
I agree. In my case it was just "happy to have one because I had a hard time to find great headphones for me without a great knowledge". I was student when I bought it last year and I cannot spend money for a "mmmh not that bass" or "mmmmh the trebles are a little too bright...". HD 650 fitted most of what I wanted.
To come back to the subject, proud or not :laughing:, is a HD 800 (S?) worth it for my needs ? In a first time I'll take the X7 in all cases.

*Forgot to quote you

Nov 13, 2017 at 4:36 PM Post #36 of 40
oh my god, I formed a sect of prouders. ahah
Ok thanks for all your answers. The HD800S is expensive, so I'll buy it in a little moment. I founded some HD 800 (not S) at 600$ so i'll check for it, if the difference between the S and the old one is important or not.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2017 at 4:40 PM Post #37 of 40
oh my god, I formed a sect of prouders. ahah
Ok thanks for all your answers. The HD800S is expensive, so I'll buy it in a little moment. I founded some HD 800 (not S) at 600$ so i'll check for it, if the difference between the S and the old one is important or not.
The S is essentially better in every way but just by a little. It's not worth the price over the 800 IMO

Nov 14, 2017 at 3:39 AM Post #38 of 40
Ok :)
For information, this month (November 2017), there is 15% off on Sennheiser France website with the code SENNFR15.
The HD 800 S is now From 1599€ to ~1350€.
I don't have the founds to buy it now but if I could... :triportsad::beyersmile:

Nov 14, 2017 at 5:20 PM Post #40 of 40
I said in a previous post (first page) that I don't like Beyerdynamic comfort. I really like the sound but my ears and the top of my head not the headphones. :triportsad:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back