Change my Sennheiser HD 650
Nov 11, 2017 at 12:02 PM Post #16 of 40
HD 800 is 1200$ :scream: I don't know if I want/can afford it.
HD 700 seems to be very particular, I'll go to Hi-Fi store to try it.
HD 660s is like I don't really change from my current HD 650... for 500$ I don't think it's worth it.
I would like to have only one headphone plugged on my computer.
Maybe I can change my soundblaster z to a X7 now to change something ? (I'm not sure if it's just the headphone which cannot do it at all (low bass <55hz), or an amp issue).
I can try another brand if there is nothing at Sennheiser, I really enjoyed the beyerdynamic sound, but the comfort was ... :s ears in fire. Maybe the T70 is bigger than MMX-300 ? (DT770)

The Beyer T70/MMX-300/DT770/DT880/DT990 are the same cup size.

Nov 11, 2017 at 12:15 PM Post #17 of 40
Mmhhh.. It will be in this case a lot of hardware on my desk, I don't know... I don't really like the way you must turn on all this stuff and wait the tubes warming up...
I'm sure it can improve something but is it worth it ? Maybe not a tube amp ? "op-amps rolling" can be done on the X7, in my case could it be great to consider it ?
..So many questions.. sorry :beyersmile:

x7 full review link

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #18 of 40
The Beyer T70/MMX-300/DT770/DT880/DT990 are the same cup size.
maybe there is another headphones with approximately this sound signature ? :joy:
I like this little peak at 40-50hz before a balanced sound.
Beyerdynamic_DT%20770%20PRO%2080%20Ohm_All_-_-_HDM-X_-_90_20-20k_-_fr_impedance.png

Nov 11, 2017 at 3:14 PM Post #19 of 40
maybe there is another headphones with approximately this sound signature ? :joy:
I like this little peak at 40-50hz before a balanced sound.
Beyerdynamic_DT%20770%20PRO%2080%20Ohm_All_-_-_HDM-X_-_90_20-20k_-_fr_impedance.png

Check out the Soundmagic HP150/151, I'm fairly sure they would be better then the DT770

Nov 11, 2017 at 3:45 PM Post #21 of 40
the dt770 was an exemple of the sound type i'm searching for ^^' (beyer) sorry it wasn't clearly explained maybe.
If there is an equivalent to the HD 700 in overall quality with little less treble and slightly more low/middle basses, with the highest sound stage possible, it could be the perfect one for me.
I know beyerdynamic t70 is possibly the one i've described above, but I really don't like his comfort...

why you are proud to own HD650?
...because I like his global warm sound, and his comfort. I use it with a modmic and he is great. I've tried it after some headphones and some waste of money (vali 2, 2 x mmx-300, asus strix dlx, philips fidelio x2...). I found it used and in good condition and he fitted as I wanted on my head, and globally better than my previous headsets, like PC360 and PC350. If you really want to know why I'm proud (maybe i used the wrong word, i'm not english) it's because I stopped wasting my money the day I found it. Now i got my reference. I don't want to change if I'm not sure to have better headphones. I don't know if i'm clear when i speak :triportsad:

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2017 at 3:57 PM Post #22 of 40
i am not english as well and is kind of strange to me when somebody says "i am proud owner", what is that mean exactly, proud of owning something, is kind of strange to me but never mind

Nov 11, 2017 at 4:15 PM Post #25 of 40
I guess that's true. Need to wait for a used pair or discount in the future.
Exactly! I think out of all the models I've tried from them, the 600/650 and HD800S are the only ones worth retail, the 800S slightly less so though

Nov 11, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #26 of 40
I retain that the HD 800S is a (really) great upgrade. Maybe I will buy it used (it's not a problem) and maybe with a more "powerful" DAC/AMP but the X7 seems to be great, and if it lacks somewhere I can change op-amps chips to "equalize" the soundwithout software processing.
Is it a great solution ? :)

Nov 12, 2017 at 5:26 AM Post #27 of 40
i am not english as well and is kind of strange to me when somebody says "i am proud owner", what is that mean exactly, proud of owning something, is kind of strange to me but never mind

You know how people proudly endorse a product they're happy with and never regret having spent money on it? And likely will not part with it barring some financial catastrophe.

Or how people take photos of the computer they built or the cars they souped up or restored.

Nov 12, 2017 at 5:35 AM Post #28 of 40
You know how people proudly endorse a product they're happy with and never regret having spent money on it? And likely will not part with it barring some financial catastrophe.

Or how people take photos of the computer they built or the cars they souped up or restored.
if you build something or fix something i understand, but if you buy something that you like i don't

Nov 12, 2017 at 6:10 AM Post #30 of 40
if you build something or fix something i understand, but if you buy something that you like i don't
It's more that the person is proud to be a part of a group of people that also enjoy the product. It's an odd phrase I'll admit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back