Chalk versus Cheese
Aug 16, 2009 at 1:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

catachresis

Headphoneus Supremus
We've come close to reaching consensus, but the Deathmobile has not yet reached ramming speed.
ahdm03.jpg

I invite you to ponder this imponderable:

url

or

cheese_oh_cheese.jpg

Tell us how you really feel.

Aug 16, 2009 at 3:41 PM Post #7 of 20
For all of you who think the world will come to an end soon, let me break the news: It already did.

Edit:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kees /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm getting more and more signals that we're past the expiry date of humanity.

This is also evidence to support the fact that Darwin must have been wrong about certain things.

Aug 16, 2009 at 4:01 PM Post #8 of 20
You know, I used to like cheese. I'd get a new favorite and go wild over its distinctive flavor. But after a while, I realized that whatever that exaggerated taste might be, it wasn't enough to compensate for the other deficiencies of the cheese. Sharp cheeses lack base, earthy notes. An aged Stilton would be wildly fascinating for a while, but then I'd realize that the sharp tang and powerful mouldly bottom obscured the absence of any mid-savor.

I finally reached the conclusion that neutrality was the most critical quality of balanced, realistic taste. I only eat chalk now.

Aug 16, 2009 at 4:36 PM Post #10 of 20
I'm from Wisconsin, gotta go with cheese.

Aug 16, 2009 at 5:02 PM Post #11 of 20
One of the weirdest polls ever...
Anyway, cheese it is.

Aug 16, 2009 at 5:35 PM Post #12 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by LingLing1337 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
These parody polls are decreasing in humor at an alarming rate.

[Perhaps there's a question of *what we would all be agreeing about* if we finally reached a consensus.]

Aug 16, 2009 at 5:35 PM Post #13 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One of the weirdest polls ever...

You probably won't have to wait very long for the next weird Pink Floyd poll. I can see it now...Pink Floyd or Dijon Mustard, which do you Prefer?

--Jerome

Users who are viewing this thread

Back