Chad Ochocinco buys $28,000.00 worth of Dre Beats for his teammates..... Ugh!
Jan 29, 2012 at 3:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Ivabign

Headphoneus Supremus
Reading the yahoo story and in the body of the article, it states the Beats are the best in the industry.... almost blew milk through my nose.....

The marketing people know how to sell, sell, sell.

Jan 29, 2012 at 3:38 PM Post #2 of 6
$28,000 worth of beats... awww yeah

Jan 29, 2012 at 8:31 PM Post #3 of 6
The only issue I have is that the Yahoo! article claims that it is "widely regarded as the best in the industry." Where are they getting that from? Near all reviews I've read, and from my own experience, indicate that they sound fine but there are better options out there at the price point. Furthermore, considering their target audience and price point, I find it inconceivable that they would even approach the sound quality necessary to be determined the best. That claim is just stupid and misguided.

That said, I have no issue with Mr. Ochocinco blowing $28k on headphones. He makes the money and he obviously thought it was a good decision and, so long as he's happy with it, I don't see any problem.

Jan 29, 2012 at 8:37 PM Post #4 of 6

Quote:
The only issue I have is that the Yahoo! article claims that it is "widely regarded as the best in the industry." Where are they getting that from?

Most of their 'articles' (cough!) are thinly-disguised advertising copy. Not just for products but also for PR agents promoting Z-list 'celebrities'. It's cringe-inducingly obvious and I have very little respect for them peddling such rubbish. Still, no-one ever got rich by over-estimating the intelligence of the masses... 
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back